Geopoint repeat group

Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across a slight problem with one of my survey designs. I'm attempting to track the route of a garbage collection truck, tagging a geopoint every time it stops and recording some information about each of the stops. Because the truck is moving quite quickly I was looking to use a repeat group for each geo_point to save having to fill a new form each time. However, I realise now that ODK aggregate won't let me visualise these points as they're all stored in one HTML/XML table attached to my record (one form).

I can't export these geo_points as when exporting to CSV, ODK aggregate produces a single field with a weblink to the HTML table containing all geo_points and other attributes. Although I could scrape this info. from my instance of ODK aggregate, I was wondering if there's a simpler way of doing this - perhaps looking again at how I've designed my survey form.

Has anyone got any similar experience of mapping routes in this way? I'd be rally glad to hear of anyone's experience...

Thanks again

Martyn

Create an ODK Collect shortcut that immediately launches a single
geopoint form. Press and hold on the screen background to get the "Add
to Home Screen" pop-up, choose "Shortcuts", select ODK Form, and
choose the form. When you are done, it will return you to the desktop
and you can launch another form.

This shortcut does not automatically submit the form after it is
saved, so users would still need to open ODK Collect, go to Send
Forms, and send the form when they have Internet access. Or turn on
auto send.

··· On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 5:47 AM, wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Just stumbled across a slight problem with one of my survey designs. I'm attempting to track the route of a garbage collection truck, tagging a geopoint every time it stops and recording some information about each of the stops. Because the truck is moving quite quickly I was looking to use a repeat group for each geo_point to save having to fill a new form each time. However, I realise now that ODK aggregate won't let me visualise these points as they're all stored in one HTML/XML table attached to my record (one form). > > I can't export these geo_points as when exporting to CSV, ODK aggregate produces a single field with a weblink to the HTML table containing all geo_points and other attributes. Although I could scrape this info. from my instance of ODK aggregate, I was wondering if there's a simpler way of doing this - perhaps looking again at how I've designed my survey form. > > Has anyone got any similar experience of mapping routes in this way? I'd be rally glad to hear of anyone's experience... > > Thanks again > > Martyn > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Martyn, you can also use Smap Server in place of aggregate. This stores
geometries in a pos this database as points, polygons or lines which you
can export as shape, kml or get files.

To store the repeating Geo points as a line simply give your repeat group a
name that starts with "geolinestring"

Regards Neil

··· On 13/10/2014 12:46 AM, wrote:

Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across a slight problem with one of my survey designs. I'm
attempting to track the route of a garbage collection truck, tagging a
geopoint every time it stops and recording some information about each of
the stops. Because the truck is moving quite quickly I was looking to use a
repeat group for each geo_point to save having to fill a new form each
time. However, I realise now that ODK aggregate won't let me visualise
these points as they're all stored in one HTML/XML table attached to my
record (one form).

I can't export these geo_points as when exporting to CSV, ODK aggregate
produces a single field with a weblink to the HTML table containing all
geo_points and other attributes. Although I could scrape this info. from my
instance of ODK aggregate, I was wondering if there's a simpler way of
doing this - perhaps looking again at how I've designed my survey form.

Has anyone got any similar experience of mapping routes in this way? I'd
be rally glad to hear of anyone's experience...

Thanks again

Martyn

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.