Given different names to audio files

Dear sir/madam,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for ODK, it is extremely
powerful.

I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month using
XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the
results, etc. So, all good in that side.

However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some open
questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link on
the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all
download with name "binary data". I would like them containing the question
name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to manipulate
that name?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

carlos

··· -- Carlos Rey-Moreno Research Assistant Office 1.28 Department of Computer Science University of the Western Cape Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535 Cape Town - South Africa Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633 Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym

When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to immediately
play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide a filename
for the clip.

The proper filenames for these clips are Java's getCurrentTimeMillis()
value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you
specify that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value
during the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK
Briefcase tool uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to
disk, and relies on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during
that process in order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly
within the ODK Briefcase Storage location.

A change like this would require a change to the software. See the
org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the implementation.

Mitch

··· On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno < carlos.reymoreno@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear sir/madam,

powerful.

I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month using
XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the

However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some open
questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link on
the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all
that name?

Kind regards,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno
Research Assistant
Office 1.28
Department of Computer Science
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535
Cape Town - South Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Dear Mitch,

Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for that,
and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the phones which
saves me a lot of Internet data bundles.

Regards,

carlos

··· El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: > > When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to immediately > play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide a filename > for the clip. > > The proper filenames for these clips are Java's getCurrentTimeMillis() > value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you > specify that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value > during the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK > Briefcase tool uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to > disk, and relies on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during > that process in order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly > within the ODK Briefcase Storage location. > > A change like this would require a change to the software. See the > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the implementation. > > Mitch > > > > > On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno <carlos.r...@gmail.com wrote: > >> Dear sir/madam, >> >> First of all I would like to congratulate you for ODK, it is extremely >> powerful. >> >> I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month >> using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the >> results, etc. So, all good in that side. >> >> However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some >> open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link >> on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all >> download with name "binary data". I would like them containing the question >> name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to manipulate >> that name? >> >> Thank you very much in advance. >> >> Kind regards, >> >> carlos >> >> -- >> Carlos Rey-Moreno >> Research Assistant >> Office 1.28 >> Department of Computer Science >> University of the Western Cape >> Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535 >> Cape Town - South Africa >> Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633 >> Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym >> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Dear Mitch,

is there any way I can name the audiofiles when they are created in the
phone automatically with the getCurrentTimeMillis()_"code of the question"?
It has been a bit painful to code the answers in the audio files, as each
instance could contain up to 10 files identified only by a set of numbers.

Thanks in advance,

carlos

··· El sábado, 18 de enero de 2014 14:39:54 UTC+2, Carlos Rey-Moreno escribió: > > Dear Mitch, > > Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for that, > and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the phones which > saves me a lot of Internet data bundles. > > Regards, > > carlos > > El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: >> >> When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to immediately >> play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide a filename >> for the clip. >> >> The proper filenames for these clips are Java's getCurrentTimeMillis() >> value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you >> specify that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value >> during the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK >> Briefcase tool uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to >> disk, and relies on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during >> that process in order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly >> within the ODK Briefcase Storage location. >> >> A change like this would require a change to the software. See the >> org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the implementation. >> >> Mitch >> >> >> >> >> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno > >>> Dear sir/madam, >>> >>> First of all I would like to congratulate you for ODK, it is extremely >>> powerful. >>> >>> I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month >>> using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the >>> results, etc. So, all good in that side. >>> >>> However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some >>> open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link >>> on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all >>> download with name "binary data". I would like them containing the question >>> name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to manipulate >>> that name? >>> >>> Thank you very much in advance. >>> >>> Kind regards, >>> >>> carlos >>> >>> -- >>> Carlos Rey-Moreno >>> Research Assistant >>> Office 1.28 >>> Department of Computer Science >>> University of the Western Cape >>> Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535 >>> Cape Town - South Africa >>> Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633 >>> Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym >>> >>> -- >>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com >> >

Alas, no.

··· On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno < carlos.reymoreno@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mitch,

Thanks in advance,

carlos

El sábado, 18 de enero de 2014 14:39:54 UTC+2, Carlos Rey-Moreno escribió:

Dear Mitch,

Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for that,
and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the phones which
saves me a lot of Internet data bundles.

Regards,

carlos

El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió:

When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to immediately
play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide a filename
for the clip.

value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you
specify that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value
during the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK
Briefcase tool uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to
disk, and relies on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during
that process in order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly
within the ODK Briefcase Storage location.

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the
implementation.

Mitch

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno < carlos.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear sir/madam,

powerful.

I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month
using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the

However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some
open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link
on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all
that name?

Kind regards,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno
Research Assistant
Office 1.28
Cape Town - South Africa

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
--

"ODK Community" group.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

what a pity, it would something very helpful to have specially when a
single instance contains several audios.

carlos

··· El miércoles, 16 de abril de 2014 22:23:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: > > Alas, no. > > > On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno <carlos.r...@gmail.com wrote: > >> Dear Mitch, >> >> is there any way I can name the audiofiles when they are created in the >> phone automatically with the getCurrentTimeMillis()_"code of the question"? >> It has been a bit painful to code the answers in the audio files, as each >> instance could contain up to 10 files identified only by a set of numbers. >> >> Thanks in advance, >> >> carlos >> >> El sábado, 18 de enero de 2014 14:39:54 UTC+2, Carlos Rey-Moreno escribió: >> >>> Dear Mitch, >>> >>> Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for >>> that, and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the phones >>> which saves me a lot of Internet data bundles. >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> carlos >>> >>> El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: >>>> >>>> When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to >>>> immediately play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide >>>> a filename for the clip. >>>> >>>> The proper filenames for these clips are Java's getCurrentTimeMillis() >>>> value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you >>>> specify that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value >>>> during the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK >>>> Briefcase tool uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to >>>> disk, and relies on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during >>>> that process in order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly >>>> within the ODK Briefcase Storage location. >>>> >>>> A change like this would require a change to the software. See the >>>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the >>>> implementation. >>>> >>>> Mitch >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno < carlos.r...@gmail.com> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Dear sir/madam, >>>>> >>>>> First of all I would like to congratulate you for ODK, it is extremely >>>>> powerful. >>>>> >>>>> I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month >>>>> using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the >>>>> results, etc. So, all good in that side. >>>>> >>>>> However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some >>>>> open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link >>>>> on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all >>>>> download with name "binary data". I would like them containing the question >>>>> name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to manipulate >>>>> that name? >>>>> >>>>> Thank you very much in advance. >>>>> >>>>> Kind regards, >>>>> >>>>> carlos >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> Carlos Rey-Moreno >>>>> Research Assistant >>>>> Office 1.28 >>>>> Department of Computer Science >>>>> University of the Western Cape >>>>> Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535 >>>>> Cape Town - South Africa >>>>> Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633 >>>>> Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> -- >>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>> >>>>> --- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Mitch Sundt >>>> Software Engineer >>>> University of Washington >>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>>> >>> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Carlos,

Patches are welcome :slight_smile:

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Carlos Rey-Moreno carlos.reymoreno@gmail.com wrote:

what a pity, it would something very helpful to have specially when a single
instance contains several audios.

carlos

El miércoles, 16 de abril de 2014 22:23:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió:

Alas, no.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno carlos.r...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Mitch,

Thanks in advance,

carlos

El sábado, 18 de enero de 2014 14:39:54 UTC+2, Carlos Rey-Moreno escribió:

Dear Mitch,

Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for
that, and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the phones
which saves me a lot of Internet data bundles.

Regards,

carlos

El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió:

When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to
immediately play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not provide
a filename for the clip.

value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you specify
that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value during
the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK Briefcase tool
uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to disk, and relies
on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during that process in
order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly within the ODK
Briefcase Storage location.

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the implementation.

Mitch

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno carlos.r...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear sir/madam,

powerful.

I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next month
using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database with the

However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are some
open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using the link
on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they all
name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to manipulate that
name?

Kind regards,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno
Research Assistant
Office 1.28
Cape Town - South Africa

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.
email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.

we are on it, :slight_smile:

carlos

··· El viernes, 18 de abril de 2014 17:55:07 UTC+2, Yaw Anokwa escribió: > > Carlos, > > Patches are welcome :) > > Yaw > -- > Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server > setup, professional support, and software development for ODK. > > On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Carlos Rey-Moreno <carlos.r...@gmail.com > wrote: > > what a pity, it would something very helpful to have specially when a > single > > instance contains several audios. > > > > carlos > > > > El miércoles, 16 de abril de 2014 22:23:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: > >> > >> Alas, no. > >> > >> > >> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno < carlos.r...@gmail.com> wrote: > >>> > >>> Dear Mitch, > >>> > >>> is there any way I can name the audiofiles when they are created in > the > >>> phone automatically with the getCurrentTimeMillis()_"code of the > question"? > >>> It has been a bit painful to code the answers in the audio files, as > each > >>> instance could contain up to 10 files identified only by a set of > numbers. > >>> > >>> Thanks in advance, > >>> > >>> carlos > >>> > >>> El sábado, 18 de enero de 2014 14:39:54 UTC+2, Carlos Rey-Moreno escribió: > >>>> > >>>> Dear Mitch, > >>>> > >>>> Thank you very much for your answer! ODK Briefcase works nicely for > >>>> that, and additionally allows me pulling the forms directly from the > phones > >>>> which saves me a lot of Internet data bundles. > >>>> > >>>> Regards, > >>>> > >>>> carlos > >>>> > >>>> El miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013 00:57:47 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt escribió: > >>>>> > >>>>> When you click on the play icon, the download is intended to > >>>>> immediately play the audio or video clip. In this mode, it does not > provide > >>>>> a filename for the clip. > >>>>> > >>>>> The proper filenames for these clips are Java's > getCurrentTimeMillis() > >>>>> value at the time they were saved (the filename is reported when you > specify > >>>>> that you want to download the data as a file). Changing that value > during > >>>>> the download / playback would be problematic because the ODK > Briefcase tool > >>>>> uses the same mechanism to access and save these files to disk, and > relies > >>>>> on ODK Aggregate reporting the appropriate filename during that > process in > >>>>> order for everything to be cross-referenced correctly within the ODK > >>>>> Briefcase Storage location. > >>>>> > >>>>> A change like this would require a change to the software. See the > >>>>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.BinaryDataServlet for the > implementation. > >>>>> > >>>>> Mitch > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Rey-Moreno wrote: > >>>>>> > >>>>>> Dear sir/madam, > >>>>>> > >>>>>> First of all I would like to congratulate you for ODK, it is > extremely > >>>>>> powerful. > >>>>>> > >>>>>> I have succeeded creating the questionnaire I want to use next > month > >>>>>> using XForms, filling it in the phone, downloading the database > with the > >>>>>> results, etc. So, all good in that side. > >>>>>> > >>>>>> However, I have a small question. In the questionnaire there are > some > >>>>>> open questions whose answers I record. When I download them (using > the link > >>>>>> on the database, or clicking on the play sign in "aggregate") they > all > >>>>>> download with name "binary data". I would like them containing the > question > >>>>>> name and the questionnaire name instead. Is there any way to > manipulate that > >>>>>> name? > >>>>>> > >>>>>> Thank you very much in advance. > >>>>>> > >>>>>> Kind regards, > >>>>>> > >>>>>> carlos > >>>>>> > >>>>>> -- > >>>>>> Carlos Rey-Moreno > >>>>>> Research Assistant > >>>>>> Office 1.28 > >>>>>> Department of Computer Science > >>>>>> University of the Western Cape > >>>>>> Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535 > >>>>>> Cape Town - South Africa > >>>>>> Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562 Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633 > >>>>>> Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym > >>>>>> > >>>>>> -- > >>>>>> -- > >>>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > >>>>>> > >>>>>> --- > >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > >>>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. > >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, > send > >>>>>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> -- > >>>>> Mitch Sundt > >>>>> Software Engineer > >>>>> University of Washington > >>>>> mitche...@gmail.com > >>> > >>> -- > >>> -- > >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > >>> > >>> --- > >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > >>> "ODK Community" group. > >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > >>> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> -- > >> Mitch Sundt > >> Software Engineer > >> University of Washington > >> mitche...@gmail.com > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > > "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > > email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >