Google map not appearing for geopoint widget (map-placement)

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

Google map not appearing for geo-point widget with appearance set as map-placement as in below screen.

Perhaps there needs an API key placement in ODK Collect code? if yes then please guide how/where (i.e. either in collect settings, or source?)

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

ODK Collect v1.18.0 (with ODK Aggregate)

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I tried switching to OpenStreetMap SDK in General Settings -> User Interface, however it is still same

Thanks for the help!

I can see a WiFi signal in your screenshot. Just to confirm, did you have online connectivity when the basemaps didn't work?

Also, the location icon tells me that you've got location services enabled, but we don't see a crosshair nor is the "add marker" icon enabled. That tells me your device had mo location fix at the time of the screenshot. Did you get a location fix eventually?

I have been bitten in the past where WiFi was enabled, and my device tried to get a location fix via WiFi rather than GPS. However, that WiFi didn't broadcast a location and Collect got stuck waiting for the fix.