Grand total calculation not updating

ODK Form

I had created odk form, everything looks okay, but when started working, grand total is not working and also if I edited any field , grand total is not displaying

Hi @nitinkanle
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

When it comes to your question, could you attach xls version and described where (which row) is the problem. It's difficult to analyze xml form.

I am not getting the point, where exactly I need to introduce myself, as I am new to this forum...!!

Myself Nitin, from India. I am a farmer, trying to use odk form for my vegetable documentation.

I had different vegetables with different prices. When I entered the values and in the grand total calculation it is not displaying properly, sometimes no value in grand total will come, sometimes after deleting previously entered value in any cell, grand total vanishes.ODK form

Hi @nitinkanle

The errors might be due to the fact that when erasing one or more amounts, the summation has problems handling some arguments.

I would suggest you try ensuring all amounts are entered. One way to do it is to make the fields required (and potentially put a default value of zero); the alternative way is to use a condition in the calculated field of each of the amounts, something like
if(${quantity}>0, ${quantity}*${price}, 0)

I hope this helps.

Best,
Andrea

1 Like