HELP!..Constraints: Choose only three responses from a multiple response option of 15 responses

Dear all,

Please please please help.

I have a question like the one below and I want to build a constraint on
the question so that only three are selected and when an Enumerator tries
to select the forth it should not allow.

1. What do you think are the three (3) most pressing problems in your
    village today? (Select 3 only)

1 Bad roads/no roads

2 Inadequate water and sanitation facilities

3 Lack of employment opportunities

4 Illiteracy/increasing number of out-of-school youths

5 Power supply problems

6 Health and nutrition problems

7 Insecurity

8 Natural Resource Problems (such as deforestation)

9 Flood

10 Drought

11 Lack of schools

12 Poverty

13 Witchcraft

14 Land grabbing

15 Wildlife attacks

Thanks,

Rodney

Hi Rodney,

You can use the count-selected() function in your constraint.

For exactly three choices: count-selected(.)=3
For three or less choices: count-selected(.)<=3

Kind regards,

··· On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 11:34:28 UTC+2, Rod wrote: > > > Dear all, > > Please please please help. > > I have a question like the one below and I want to build a constraint on > the question so that only three are selected and when an Enumerator tries > to select the forth it should not allow. > > 36. What do you think are the three (3) most pressing problems in your > village today? (Select 3 only) > > 1 Bad roads/no roads > > 2 Inadequate water and sanitation facilities > > 3 Lack of employment opportunities > > 4 Illiteracy/increasing number of out-of-school youths > > 5 Power supply problems > > 6 Health and nutrition problems > > 7 Insecurity > > 8 Natural Resource Problems (such as deforestation) > > 9 Flood > > 10 Drought > > 11 Lack of schools > > 12 Poverty > > 13 Witchcraft > > 14 Land grabbing > > 15 Wildlife attacks > > > > Thanks, > > Rodney > >

You are the best. Cheers ...it worked

··· On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 11:57:31 UTC+2, Sam Phiri wrote: > > Hi Rodney, > > You can use the count-selected() function in your constraint. > > For exactly three choices: *count-selected(.)=3* > For three or less choices: *count-selected(.)<=3* > > Kind regards, > > On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 11:34:28 UTC+2, Rod wrote: >> >> >> Dear all, >> >> Please please please help. >> >> I have a question like the one below and I want to build a constraint on >> the question so that only three are selected and when an Enumerator tries >> to select the forth it should not allow. >> >> 36. What do you think are the three (3) most pressing problems in your >> village today? (Select 3 only) >> >> 1 Bad roads/no roads >> >> 2 Inadequate water and sanitation facilities >> >> 3 Lack of employment opportunities >> >> 4 Illiteracy/increasing number of out-of-school youths >> >> 5 Power supply problems >> >> 6 Health and nutrition problems >> >> 7 Insecurity >> >> 8 Natural Resource Problems (such as deforestation) >> >> 9 Flood >> >> 10 Drought >> >> 11 Lack of schools >> >> 12 Poverty >> >> 13 Witchcraft >> >> 14 Land grabbing >> >> 15 Wildlife attacks >> >> >> >> Thanks, >> >> Rodney >> >>