How to apply changes in survey when they working on it?

Hello

There is a problem I faced when I worked survey after aggregate step
and after team begin collect date by ODK Collect on thir android devices
The team is already working on a survey in the field
I figured that There are additions and modifications must be applied
The question is how I can apply this modifications to the devices of
all member of the team
who already far distant from Me,
Is there a way to apply changes to all member devices without bring their
devices to me.
I will be thankful if u can solve my problem

If you are adding or removing fields in a form, then ODK considers this to
be a different survey form.

Therefore, it should have a different form id.

That different form definition can then be uploaded to ODK Aggregate and
distributed out to the devices.

You can disable downloads of the older form, but still allow submissions,
by unchecking the "Downloadable" checkbox on the Form Management / Forms
List sub-tab.

There is unfortunately no mechanism to delete older forms off of ODK
Collect.

You will therefore need to include a revision number or date in your form
id and form title, and train your data collectors to open the newest of
your forms.

As the devices get returned to a location with a more-well-trained
supervisor, the supervisor can delete the older forms off of the device
(after ensuring that all filled-in forms have been successfully submitted
to ODK Aggregate).

When performing data analysis, you then have the chore of determining how
to combine or equalize the datasets from the various versions of your forms.

··· On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:17 AM, hossam almaweri wrote:

Hello

There is a problem I faced when I worked survey after aggregate step
and after team begin collect date by ODK Collect on thir android
devices
The team is already working on a survey in the field
I figured that There are additions and modifications must be applied
The question is how I can apply this modifications to the devices of
all member of the team
who already far distant from Me,
Is there a way to apply changes to all member devices without bring
their devices to me.
I will be thankful if u can solve my problem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

thank you >>>
the team that go to collect date doesn't have the permeation to get blank
form or delete just add and edit before send
I want solution to share the changed form in to the(( odk\forms)) folder
that exist in their devices
I was using the teamviwer but the the connection withe data so weak and now
I am using the dropbox to share the same folder
does ODK have solution for such problem like this.
hope you got my point sr

··· On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 10:44:49 PM UTC+3, Mitch wrote: > > If you are adding or removing fields in a form, then ODK considers this to > be a *different* survey form. > > Therefore, it should have a *different* form id. > > That different form definition can then be uploaded to ODK Aggregate and > distributed out to the devices. > > You can disable downloads of the older form, but still allow submissions, > by unchecking the "Downloadable" checkbox on the Form Management / Forms > List sub-tab. > > There is unfortunately no mechanism to delete older forms off of ODK > Collect. > > You will therefore need to include a revision number or date in your form > id and form title, and train your data collectors to open the newest of > your forms. > > As the devices get returned to a location with a more-well-trained > supervisor, the supervisor can delete the older forms off of the device > (after ensuring that all filled-in forms have been successfully submitted > to ODK Aggregate). > > When performing data analysis, you then have the chore of determining how > to combine or equalize the datasets from the various versions of your forms. > > > > On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:17 AM, hossam almaweri <hossama...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hello >> >> There is a problem I faced when I worked survey after aggregate step >> and after team begin collect date by ODK Collect on thir android >> devices >> The team is already working on a survey in the field >> I figured that There are additions and modifications must be applied >> The question is how I can apply this modifications to the devices of >> all member of the team >> who already far distant from Me, >> Is there a way to apply changes to all member devices without bring >> their devices to me. >> I will be thankful if u can solve my problem >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Developers" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Hossam,

This is an enhancement that will need to be added to ODK Collect. The
issue has been filed at
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/35.

Does anyone know of an open-source fork of ODK Collect that has this
functionality?

Yaw

··· On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 9:18 PM, hossam almaweri wrote: > thank you >>> > the team that go to collect date doesn't have the permeation to get blank > form or delete just add and edit before send > I want solution to share the changed form in to the(( odk\forms)) folder > that exist in their devices > I was using the teamviwer but the the connection withe data so weak and now > I am using the dropbox to share the same folder > does ODK have solution for such problem like this. > hope you got my point sr > > On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 10:44:49 PM UTC+3, Mitch wrote: >> >> If you are adding or removing fields in a form, then ODK considers this to >> be a different survey form. >> >> Therefore, it should have a different form id. >> >> That different form definition can then be uploaded to ODK Aggregate and >> distributed out to the devices. >> >> You can disable downloads of the older form, but still allow submissions, >> by unchecking the "Downloadable" checkbox on the Form Management / Forms >> List sub-tab. >> >> There is unfortunately no mechanism to delete older forms off of ODK >> Collect. >> >> You will therefore need to include a revision number or date in your form >> id and form title, and train your data collectors to open the newest of your >> forms. >> >> As the devices get returned to a location with a more-well-trained >> supervisor, the supervisor can delete the older forms off of the device >> (after ensuring that all filled-in forms have been successfully submitted to >> ODK Aggregate). >> >> When performing data analysis, you then have the chore of determining how >> to combine or equalize the datasets from the various versions of your forms. >> >> >> >> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:17 AM, hossam almaweri wrote: >>> >>> Hello >>> >>> There is a problem I faced when I worked survey after aggregate step >>> and after team begin collect date by ODK Collect on thir android >>> devices >>> The team is already working on a survey in the field >>> I figured that There are additions and modifications must be applied >>> The question is how I can apply this modifications to the devices of >>> all member of the team >>> who already far distant from Me, >>> Is there a way to apply changes to all member devices without bring >>> their devices to me. >>> I will be thankful if u can solve my problem >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>> "ODK Developers" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>> email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Developers" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.