How to learn ODK Central API? / Comment apprendre l'API ODK Central?

Dear all,

Hope you all are good and safe with your family.
I have worked on ODK since 2016 and did a lot of Data Management using STATA and created Dashboard with the help of Power BI.
Now with respect to my career growth, I would like to use ODK Central API to manage my dashboard, where I can real-time changes can be seen on my dashboard also I can generate real-time graphs with the help of API.
I do not know how to use any API, as I never worked with API. So, is there anyone who can guide me in this and become my mentor?

Looking forward to the support of my ODK family members.

Best,
Narendra

==================================================================
Chers tous,

J'espĂšre que vous ĂȘtes tous bien et en sĂ©curitĂ© avec votre famille.
J'ai travaillé sur ODK depuis 2016 et j'ai fait beaucoup de gestion de données en utilisant STATA et créé un tableau de bord avec l'aide de Power BI.
Maintenant en ce qui concerne la croissance de ma carriĂšre, je voudrais utiliser ODK Central API pour gĂ©rer mon tableau de bord, oĂč je peux les changements en temps rĂ©el peuvent ĂȘtre vus sur mon tableau de bord aussi je peux gĂ©nĂ©rer des graphiques en temps rĂ©el avec l'aide de l'API.
Je ne sais pas comment utiliser une API, car je n'ai jamais travaillé avec des API. Alors, y a-t-il quelqu'un qui puisse me guider dans cette démarche et devenir mon mentor ?

J'attends avec impatience le soutien des membres de ma famille ODK.

Bonne chance,
Narendra

1 Like

To visualize your data, I think you may just need to connect to you submission data over OData.

If you're using PowerBI, you have to set a data refresh and may be limited to scheduling it 8 times each day (with Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings). So it won't be fully real-time.

If you want to learn more about Power BI and have access to the software, I think Microsoft offers many learning materials on their website.

Using the API is a bit more complex. You could start by reading through the API docs if you have not yet done so.

2 Likes