1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Inside a repeat, I have a select_one_external of species names. It cannot be avoided that this list contains more than a thousand items. In Enketo, this is no problem because autocomplete works. In ODK app, the users are forced to scroll the entire list especially when the species names start with letters S or T, for example.
This problem is made more difficult because the repeat loop typically contains at least 5 repetitions, sometimes it my have more than 10 for each form. And in a day, at least 5 or more forms need to be filled up
If there is a way in ODK collect where users can use something like autocomplete to select a species name, it would really solve my problem
I attached a screenshot of the species list while in ODK collect.
By the way, I am using old phone with Android version 6 (Marshmallow). There is no problem with performance, the list with more than 1000 items load instantly. Its just making a selection need to be made easier.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using the latest version. I have just been using ODK this month.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I tried to use select_one_from_file and select_one_external. No difference.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.