How to use Pull type questions?

I'm based in the Nigeria and working in agriculture training and extension. And have been involved in data collection using ODK and wish to improve my skills in ODK build through this community and have built an ODK form already using ODK build and will be using briefcase to pull. I will like to learn more about cascading questions, pull type questions and others, my appreciation.

Hey @ibayaso,

How are you doing in this COVID19 period? I believe that with the grace of GOD, you and your country is doing good.

Like you said that you want to learn more about cascading type questions. These types of forms can be made by EXCEL/XML, you can not build these kinds of questions by odk build. I can give you one link which can help you make a pull-type of question.
I am not sure about your question below are two links , I am sure that from these 2 links 1 link will help you .
Here is link1and link2.

If you can clear more about your question or you can put your questionnaire here, we can help you more, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here.
I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Dear Narendra,

Thank you for the link, I tried to introduce myself but it wasn't going through. Herewith attached is an ODK form i build however for the LGA and Crop cultivated it is showing only Demsa as LGA and Maize as crop. What could be the problem. Regards

AD2020-ABP.xlsx (11 KB)

iamnarendrasingh

March 30

Hey @ibayaso,

How are you doing in this COVID19 period? I believe that with the grace of GOD, you and your country is doing good.

Like you said that you want to learn more about cascading type questions. These types of forms can be made by EXCEL/XML, you can not build these kinds of questions by odk build. I can give you one link which can help you make a pull-type of question.

I am not sure about your question below are two links , I am sure that from these 2 links 1 link will help you .

Here is link1and link2.

If you can clear more about your question or you can put your questionnaire here, we can help you more, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here.

I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Best,

@iamnarendrasingh

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hello Ibayaso,

I had checked your excel file and done some correction. In Choices under the name, I had just copied paste the label from English. It can be either value or just label. For example
Choice 1 Male and 2 Female and so on. But I just copied paste it because I don't know if you want the value or in the label. But i prefer the value rather than the strings

Hope it works for you. Do inform if it works.

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

Please get attached of your excel file with correction I had made AD2020-ABP.xlsx (11.2 KB)

Hi @ibayaso,
Just another couple of resources for learning "pulldata" and "cascade select" questions - a few weeks ago, put these videos together to help show a few others how to do this. Not sure if they're helpful to you, but check them out just in case:
pulldata: https://youtu.be/-Hi_K1rWxCo
cascade select: https://youtu.be/E4P_SXyLVkE

Hope you have a good day,
Janna

Dear Niresh,

The correction you made on the AD2020_ABP.xls worked. Thank you my appreciation.

Dear Janna,

Thank for the support and hope you are not in 'lockdown' due to the pandemic. I built a form and successfully test run.

However, the first form was pulled using odk briefcase and later was able to get it hosted on ona.io. How can I map the geopoints of the ones pulled via odk briefcase is a challenge to me. Hope you can guide me on that.

Regards

Hi @ibayaso,

Indeed I am in lockdown :slight_smile: Are you too?

Are you looking to map the geopoints in a GIS program, for example? Or in the Ona platform itself?

This might be a slightly different topic, so we might want to split this out to a different thread. But if you can clarify a bit what you're looking to do, then we can hopefully help!

Warmest regards,

Janna