I have a text question that asks for the grid coordinates of a fishing ground. Obviously the grid location must be located on seawater and not on land.
As a backgrounder, a windows application already exists for fisheries monitoring and it asks for location of fishing ground using grid coordinates. The grid coordinate has a naming convention we call BINGO coordinates because we use numeric row names and alphabetic column names.
In ODK collect, I would like to have a text question asking for location of fishing ground using the same convention used in the windows app.
So these are the steps that will happen.
- user inputs BINGO coordinates of fishing ground using a text question
- ODK collect launches an external app passing the BINGO coordinates to it.
- external app displays a message if fishing ground is really on water or if it is on land
- external app calculates the geographic location (longitude, latitude) of the BINGO coordinates
- ODK collect receives the lon-lat pair from external app
- In ODK collect, user may opt to display lon-lat pair on a map
I think its similar to how a geopoint inputted in ODK collect can be displayed on an external app (google maps for example)
Can someone point out to me how to get started, if this is possible? (i know this is possible)