Quota exceeded for Aggregate

Continuing the discussion from Error: Quota Exceeded:
Someone help me with accessing data from aggregate. every time I try I get a notification that i have exceeded my quota. Ive tried everything except switching to billing. When I use briefcase v1.9, I run out of quota before pulling is completed. I also tried manual pulling from briefcase directly from idk folders, unfortunately some data is missing because some tablets had changed settings to delete after send. My data has a repeat command so that exporting directly from aggregate to CVS means I don't get complete data, I've tried JASON but all my exports have failed. Is there a way to pull data into briefcase in bits, say 1000 instances at a time? Do advise, I'm running out of time need to access all my data.
Continuing the discussion from Error: Quota Exceeded:

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

I've been having a similar problem. Ive tried everything except switching to billing. When I use briefcase v1.9, I run out of quota before pulling is completed. I also tried manual pulling from briefcase directly from idk folders, unfortunately some data is missing because some tablets had changed settings to delete after send. My data has a repeat command so that exporting directly from aggregate to CVS means I don't get complete data, I've tried JASON but all my exports have failed. Is there a way to pull data into briefcase in bits, say 1000 instances at a time? Do advise, I'm running out of time need to access all my data.

Hey, you can use CLI method and from CLI method only download CSV file don't download anything else .

Try this first .
@iamnarendrasingh

@LemuC, @iamnarendrasingh is correct that Briefcase will only download files that it does not yet have (although it does still scan Aggregate's DB). One clarification is that you do not need to use the command line interface (CLI), you can use the graphical user interface (GUI) and it will still only download the files you don't have.

The best way forward here is to enable billing. Have you been able to enable billing?

Also, what specific version of Aggregate (e.g., 1.4.15) are you using?