Identifying Audit Logs

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Exporting forms with audit enabled leads to many files named audit.csv. The submission csv has a field entitled "meta-audit" and all the entries are audit.csv. How can I see which audit log file belongs to which submission?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK collect v1.28.4
ODK Central 1.0(? can't find the version number in the web interface)

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I've read the docs looking for an audit log parameter that might help but could not find one.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Enable auditing, submit more than one completed form and download submissions.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
ODK is fantastic (but I'm sure you already knew that).

I don't think it should matter for this question, but in the future if you want to check the Central version you can just add /version.txt to the URL.

I haven't used audit in Central but the docs note:

Central will export a CSV with audits from all submissions if an export is requested for a form with an audit.

Which to me reads like there should be 1 file. But it exports multiple files?

This is what I get in the form export.csv file

and in the media folder export there are files with the same name, somehow coexisting:

Each of the audit.csv corresponds to one of the entries based on time stamp, but the normal media reference by date-ish GUID.ext as a file name and as the reference to the file from the form table isn't there.

Further, these per-submission audit forms don't have any other identifying information other than the start/end time. There's no instance ID, for example. Each one has columns for event, node, start, end, latitude, longitude, and accuracy (no elevation, that'd be nice, maybe someone isn't on the ground?)

The meta-meta audit outside the media subfolder has exactly the same information, all in one file, with 4 additional quite useful columns: Instance ID, event, old-value, and old-value, new-value.

The data in these files is redundant, but having multiple files with the same path-name in the zip file could cause confusion at decompression.

ODK Collect v2023.3.1
Central
versions:
894dc61c345edcc5998ab93a53e0d12ecc61a855 (v2023.1.0-2-g894dc61)
0b55d7d9f98f145c919c6e3476813275c4b69af7 client (v2023.1.0)
ad061f6088cf81c95bddf6f53310923cce9f76be server (v2023.1.0)