Implementing QR code in ODK build to get data on feature

I need help implementing the QR code along with the waterfall in ODK Build, I need the QR code to pull data from the waterfall.
Example: I will scan the QRcode and the number 01 will appear, from that number it will only pull the information from that number, like the waterfall does, can you help me with this?

Hi @magnororiz, please note that ODK Build will shut down soon on Feb 1, 2024.

The data collector workflows section of the documentation has some details on different ways to do a workflow like you are asking, especially the "Multiple encounters with the same entity (longitudinal)" section and the "Using barcodes to link encounters" - let us know what questions you have after reading through that.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but I wanted help with this topic

I need help to transform a barcode into a cascade, where when it is read it pulls information from an object that is related to it

Have you had a chance to read through the documentation section on using data from previous encounters? It includes a sample form that scans in a barcode and then looks up values using that barcode as a unique identifier to match against. The section above it also has relevant examples.

Note that this documentation has not yet been updated to reflect that many of the workflow described can now be automated with Entities.

You'll also likely find the "List lookups" sheet in the XLSForm template a useful reference.

3 Likes