Please help us verify that our changes have not broken the processing of
your existing forms.
*(1) *download the ODK Validate release candidate and test it against your
existing XML forms -- does it error where the earlier one didn't?
Release Candidate: ODK Validate 1.4.3 for ODK Collect rev 1039 and higher
*(2) *download the ODK Collect release candidate and test it against your
forms. In particular, when you save then re-open a saved form, is
everything OK? Especially with forms with repeat groups?
Release Candidate: ODK Collect 1.4.3 rev 1039
If any behaviors are different from the existing 1.4 release, please open
an issue http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/list and attach your
form, or send me ( email@example.com ) your form directly, in
confidence, referencing the issue number that you have opened.
The next release of ODK Collect has some very major changes to the
underlying Javarosa libraries.
Among them are:
- constraints and calculations are now properly fired when groups become
newly relevant http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=888
- jr:choice-name and hint text is now properly expanded for substitution
- the current() qualifier, used where you might use the instance('name')
qualifier, is now supported for referring to the current form and context.
This may solve some issues relating to filtered cascading selects within
- ODK Collect now writes the savepoint of the form being edited in the
background, rather than stalling the UI.
- ODK Collect 'Go To Prompt' screen should now properly display prompts
after repeat groups
- geopoints can now be referenced in a calculation -- boolean true if they
are defined, numeric value is accuracy, string value is the standard "lat
long alt acc" text.
University of Washington