In odk central 0.8 some submissions the attachmentsPresent is different to attachmentsExpected, how avoid this?

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
in a form the attachmentsPresent is different to attachmentsExpected in odk central 0.8, how avoid this ?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

server central.gevain.com , app odk central 0.8

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

nothing, i don't know

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

The problem frecuently is present in various submissions

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @cesar, and welcome to the ODK forum! When you have a chance, I'd encourage you to introduce yourself here. Doing so helps build community!

Are you accessing attachmentsPresent and attachmentsExpected using OData? attachmentsExpected is the number of media files that Central believes should have been submitted for the submission, while attachmentsPresent is the number that were actually submitted. Does either number seem wrong to you? Is it wrong for all submissions, or only some? Have you noticed that the number was correct for a previous version of Central, but is not correct for v0.8?

Hello Matthew , I access with RESTful API , the number is correct and is true no every attachment upload to ODK central from odk collect, the problem is why this is, in some cases the upload with to Central fail, but part of attachments upload to ODK Central, this it does not allow complet attachment upload again, this is my first time with odk, I don't Know if this is normal.

Does Collect display an error about the upload? If so, what error message is shown?

It should be possible to use Collect to resend the submissions for which attachments were not uploaded. If you try to resend these submissions, are the attachments successfully uploaded?

1 Like

collect display the next error message " Error : A submission already exists with this ID, but with different XML. Resubmissions to attach additional multimedia must resubmit an identical xml_submission_file.", when I try resend the submissions, Collect Does display the same message, then I can´t upload attachments missing.

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. As we try to figure out the root of the problem, it would be helpful to get a sense of how common this is. For example, you could say "I've submitted about 10,000 data points and about 500 have this problem." Are you working in an environment with inconsistent Internet connectivity? What version of ODK Collect are you using?

What do you see in Collect when that happens? Did you immediately retry sending and then get the different XML error? Is it possible that the record was modified (e.g. from Edit Saved Form) before the resend attempt?

Hello! Hélène, I've submitted 78 and 4 have this problem. I'm working in an environment with inconsistent Internet connectivity, and the version of ODK collect used is 1.26.3.

In 2 of 4 cases with certainty the first error message was certainty the first error message was : "Error. A resorce already exists with sha value(s) of e27 ..." this was solved deleting one image repet in the form.

next I see the next message "error message " Error : A submission already exists with this ID, but with different XML. Resubmissions to attach additional multimedia must resubmit an identical xml_submission_file."

When I try immediately retry sending display the same error, before the resend wasn´t modified the Saved form.