Indexed repeat (choice referencing)

Dear ODK Team and Enthusiasts,
I'm John Wambua.

I would like to put a constraint in my form but I don't know how to go about it. In the rows highlighted in green (see attached form kindly) where farmers indicate the years they have experience drought occurrence, I would like the questions highlighted in yellow to be answered by using choices picked in the previous question(green) and not any other choice outside this. How do I put that constraint? Please help and thanks in anticipation.
Drought Impacts in Machakos Town Sub-County_Final.xlsx (42.5 KB)

@john_wambua

I don't fully understand your request... But what I understand to be what you aim to do, a cascade could be of help.

Paul

Hi Paul,

There's a question asking farmers to indicate the years they have experienced drought. It could be 1970, 1999, 2000 and so forth...

Now, For the questions highlighted in yellow, Farmers mention impacts of drought and the year they experienced this impact.. E.g death of livestock, crop failure. How do I code in xlsform such that the years the farmer mentioned that he/she had experienced drought are the ones to used to respond to the part of drought impact and the year.

E.g crop failure occurred in 2000.

Hi Paul,

There's a question asking farmers to indicate the years they have experienced drought. It could be 1970, 1999, 2000 and so forth...

Now, For the questions highlighted in yellow, Farmers mention impacts of drought and the year they experienced this impact.. E.g death of livestock, crop failure. How do I code in xlsform such that the years the farmer mentioned that he/she had experienced drought are the ones to used to respond to the part of drought impact and the year.

E.g crop failure occurred in 2000.

Kindly note: To avoid commas , The first question (green) is a repeat question. That's the farmer mentions the instances then ODK populates spaces depending on the instances. E.g. 3 instances can allow enumerator to input 1970, 1999 and 2000 if the farmer relayed this.