Acer E110, which doesnt have a g sensor. Could this be why? Is there a
separate collect apk for cupcake?

Many thanks,

I believe cupcake is not supported since it's old and decrepit. Can
you not upgrade your phone?

Can you not upgrade your phone?

In 5 minutes of google searching the consensus seems to be that this
phone is not upgradeable (not even to 1.6 or any cyanogen build) and
generally of questionable quality (no wifi? really?)

Do you have a lot of these things or only one? Do you have the
capacity to get a different phone?

you're right, it doesnt seem to be upgradeable. Our team has a few of
these, and they are the cheapest android touch phones available to us
at the moment. So was hoping to get collect to work on them..

··· On Feb 3, 3:42 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: > > Can you not upgrade your phone? > > In 5 minutes of google searching the consensus seems to be that this > phone is not upgradeable (not even to 1.6 or any cyanogen build) and > generally of questionable quality (no wifi? really?) > > Do you have a lot of these things or only one? Do you have the > capacity to get a different phone?

I can't remember what the technical reasons for moving to 1.6 were,
but I vaguely remember lots of horrible bugs on 1.5 that were fixed in
1.6. I also vaguely remember that if you compiled with the 1.5 SDK it
broke everything with the newer devices.

Anyway, you can probably get Collect 1.1.7 to run on Android 1.5, but
you'll have to compile from source and spend a few minutes futzing
with it. I don't necessarily recommend you do this, so caveat
emptor...

Yaw

··· On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 07:46, Jaideep Gupte wrote: > you're right, it doesnt seem to be upgradeable. Our team has a few of > these, and they are the cheapest android touch phones available to us > at the moment. So was hoping to get collect to work on them.. > > On Feb 3, 3:42 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: >> > Can you not upgrade your phone? >> >> In 5 minutes of google searching the consensus seems to be that this >> phone is not upgradeable (not even to 1.6 or any cyanogen build) and >> generally of questionable quality (no wifi? really?) >> >> Do you have a lot of these things or only one? Do you have the >> capacity to get a different phone? > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Thanks Yaw - just a pointer: if this is the case, then the the system
requirements listed for Collect in Market should probably be
corrected... currently listed as '1.5 and up' i think.

··· On Feb 4, 6:42 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > I can't remember what the technical reasons for moving to 1.6 were, > but I vaguely remember lots of horrible bugs on 1.5 that were fixed in > 1.6. I also vaguely remember that if you compiled with the 1.5 SDK it > broke everything with the newer devices. > > Anyway, you can probably get Collect 1.1.7 to run on Android 1.5, but > you'll have to compile from source and spend a few minutes futzing > with it. I don't necessarily recommend you do this, so caveat > emptor... > > Yaw > > > > > > > > On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 07:46, Jaideep Gupte wrote: > > you're right, it doesnt seem to be upgradeable. Our team has a few of > > these, and they are the cheapest android touch phones available to us > > at the moment. So was hoping to get collect to work on them.. > > > On Feb 3, 3:42 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: > >> > Can you not upgrade your phone? > > >> In 5 minutes of google searching the consensus seems to be that this > >> phone is not upgradeable (not even to 1.6 or any cyanogen build) and > >> generally of questionable quality (no wifi? really?) > > >> Do you have a lot of these things or only one? Do you have the > >> capacity to get a different phone? > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Thanks, Jaideep. I just fixed this in the codebase. It'll go out with
the next release.

··· On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:44, Jaideep Gupte wrote: > Thanks Yaw - just a pointer: if this is the case, then the the system > requirements listed for Collect in Market should probably be > corrected... currently listed as '1.5 and up' i think. > > On Feb 4, 6:42 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> I can't remember what the technical reasons for moving to 1.6 were, >> but I vaguely remember lots of horrible bugs on 1.5 that were fixed in >> 1.6. I also vaguely remember that if you compiled with the 1.5 SDK it >> broke everything with the newer devices. >> >> Anyway, you can probably get Collect 1.1.7 to run on Android 1.5, but >> you'll have to compile from source and spend a few minutes futzing >> with it. I don't necessarily recommend you do this, so caveat >> emptor... >> >> Yaw >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 07:46, Jaideep Gupte wrote: >> > you're right, it doesnt seem to be upgradeable. Our team has a few of >> > these, and they are the cheapest android touch phones available to us >> > at the moment. So was hoping to get collect to work on them.. >> >> > On Feb 3, 3:42 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: >> >> > Can you not upgrade your phone? >> >> >> In 5 minutes of google searching the consensus seems to be that this >> >> phone is not upgradeable (not even to 1.6 or any cyanogen build) and >> >> generally of questionable quality (no wifi? really?) >> >> >> Do you have a lot of these things or only one? Do you have the >> >> capacity to get a different phone? >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en