Integer Constraint

ello community i'm stuck again.

I have the following questions:

1. How many Boys are in your household (integer)
  2. How many Girls are in your household (integer)

I need to put in place a constraint that will not allow both of these to be
0 - basically there is no way someone completing the form will now have at
least 1 child in the household.

i was hoping I could do it within question 2 but can't find a way of doing
it and so my only alternative is to add an additional page that will only
show if both q1 and q2 are 0(${q1} = 0 and ${q2} = 0) - on that page they
will be informed that this is not a possible combination and informed that
they need to go back and amend.

any thoughts on this.

cheers
dan

Hi Daniel,
Does using your formula in the constraint column for question 2 do what you
want?
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Monday, February 25, 2013 1:43:31 AM UTC-8, Daniel Probert wrote: > > ello community i'm stuck again. > > I have the following questions: > > 1. How many Boys are in your household (integer) > 2. How many Girls are in your household (integer) > > I need to put in place a constraint that will not allow both of these to > be 0 - basically there is no way someone completing the form will now have > at least 1 child in the household. > > i was hoping I could do it within question 2 but can't find a way of doing > it and so my only alternative is to add an additional page that will only > show if both q1 and q2 are 0(${q1} = 0 and ${q2} = 0) - on that page they > will be informed that this is not a possible combination and informed that > they need to go back and amend. > > any thoughts on this. > > cheers > dan >

Hi Nathan,

I ended up having to put in an error page to handle this that will only
show if you have enter 0 for both the previous questions. it works well.

thanks
dan

··· On Monday, 25 February 2013 18:26:25 UTC, Nathan wrote: > > Hi Daniel, > Does using your formula in the constraint column for question 2 do what > you want? > Regards, > -Nathan > > On Monday, February 25, 2013 1:43:31 AM UTC-8, Daniel Probert wrote: >> >> ello community i'm stuck again. >> >> I have the following questions: >> >> 1. How many Boys are in your household (integer) >> 2. How many Girls are in your household (integer) >> >> I need to put in place a constraint that will not allow both of these to >> be 0 - basically there is no way someone completing the form will now have >> at least 1 child in the household. >> >> i was hoping I could do it within question 2 but can't find a way of >> doing it and so my only alternative is to add an additional page that will >> only show if both q1 and q2 are 0(${q1} = 0 and ${q2} = 0) - on that page >> they will be informed that this is not a possible combination and informed >> that they need to go back and amend. >> >> any thoughts on this. >> >> cheers >> dan >> >