Internal Server Error (500), with v1.4.2 of ODK Aggregate

Good morning

I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating.

But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK Aggregate
v1.4.2 on my Web server.
I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet.

I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL to 1073741824
which is to my understanding the largest that it can go.
It captures two images.

Could you please help me resolve this issue?

Thank you for your time
Regards.

When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error:
The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gsVZ76iD6P0/VO1xMBqRLGI/AAAAAAAAAAk/g_k8L75JwjI/s1600/ODK%2BManual%2BSubmit%2Bfrom%2BODK%2BAggregare%2Bsite.PNG

··· On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: > > Good morning > > I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. > > But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK Aggregate > v1.4.2 on my Web server. > I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. > > I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL to 1073741824 > which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. > It captures two images. > > Could you please help me resolve this issue? > > Thank you for your time > Regards. > >

This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue.

It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to 64kB
BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly.

Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly need to
increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media
attachment + 256MB.

··· On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opendatakit@googlegroups.com> wrote:

The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gsVZ76iD6P0/VO1xMBqRLGI/AAAAAAAAAAk/g_k8L75JwjI/s1600/ODK%2BManual%2BSubmit%2Bfrom%2BODK%2BAggregare%2Bsite.PNG

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote:

Good morning

But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK
Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server.

I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL to 1073741824
which is to my understanding the largest that it can go.
It captures two images.

Thank you for your time
Regards.

--
--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thank you for the response.

Just one question, where do I set the JVM size for Tomcat?
As there is stipulated that you have to change that JAVA_OPTS in the
setenv.bat / .sh file, but I am unable to locate those files.

I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where I am
suppose to make those alterations?
I am new to this environment of ODK and Tomcat.

Thank you for your help.

··· On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue. > > It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to > 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly. > > Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly need to > increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media > attachment + 256MB. > > > On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com > wrote: > >> When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error: >> The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from >> fulfilling this request. >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>> >>> Good morning >>> >>> I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. >>> >>> But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK >>> Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server. >>> I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. >>> >>> I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL to 1073741824 >>> which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. >>> It captures two images. >>> >>> Could you please help me resolve this issue? >>> >>> Thank you for your time >>> Regards. >>> >>> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Ok I noticed on the following page:

That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the Tomcat
6.0 window on the Java Tab
I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum memory
pool to 2048 MB.

Applied the changes.
Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive the
[ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url]

Anything else I can try to get this resolved?

Thank you for your time and help.

··· On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: > > Thank you for the response. > > Just one question, where do I set the JVM size for Tomcat? > As there is stipulated that you have to change that JAVA_OPTS in the > setenv.bat / .sh file, but I am unable to locate those files. > > I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where I am > suppose to make those alterations? > I am new to this environment of ODK and Tomcat. > > Thank you for your help. > > On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >> >> This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue. >> >> It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to >> 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly. >> >> Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly need >> to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media >> attachment + 256MB. >> >> >> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com> wrote: >> >>> When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error: >>> The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from >>> fulfilling this request. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>> >>>> Good morning >>>> >>>> I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. >>>> >>>> But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK >>>> Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server. >>>> I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. >>>> >>>> I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL >>>> to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. >>>> It captures two images. >>>> >>>> Could you please help me resolve this issue? >>>> >>>> Thank you for your time >>>> Regards. >>>> >>>> -- >>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com >> >

Again, look in your log files.

What error do you see?

W.r.t. the Tomcat JVM size, these questions are best answered by Googling
for the answer, reading a few postings, and guessing which ones are most
correct, then trying them.

If you are running Tomcat as a service under Windows, with the msi
installer from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi , then you
would make changes as described here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

··· On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opendatakit@googlegroups.com> wrote:

That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the Tomcat
6.0 window on the Java Tab
I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum memory
pool to 2048 MB.

Applied the changes.
Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive the
[ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url]

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote:

I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where I
am suppose to make those alterations?

Thank you for your help.

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote:

It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to
64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly.

Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly need
to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media
attachment + 256MB.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community opend...@googlegroups.com wrote:

The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

Good morning

I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL
to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go.
It captures two images.

Thank you for your time
Regards.

--
--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Here is a copy of the message that I receive within the log file
named: tomcat6-stdout.2015-02-26.log

INFO: Inside doHead
Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory
internalGetForms

INFO: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms
Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable
logValues

INFO: incoming- last Fetch: -717955 [S: -572026 Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: 0
logValues

INFO: -fetched- last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: -1
logValues

INFO: Eq-update last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: 0 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: 0
requested: 0

Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM
org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost

SEVERE: Unexpected exception: null
java.lang.NumberFormatException

• at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.submission.type.DecimalSubmissionType.setValueFromString(DecimalSubmissionType.java:60)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.processSubmissionElement(SubmissionParser.java:526)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.constructorHelper(SubmissionParser.java:388)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.(SubmissionParser.java:188)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet.doPost(SubmissionServlet.java:227)*
  • at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)*
  • at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.java:66)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:183)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.java:40)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:115)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:40)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OutOfBandUserFilter.doFilter(OutOfBandUserFilter.java:105)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.Oauth2ResourceFilter.doFilter(Oauth2ResourceFilter.java:351)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:144)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)*
  • at
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)*
  • at
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)*
  • at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)*
  • at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)*
  • at
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)*
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)*

Thank you for the links, have read them and will utilize them.

··· On Thursday, 26 February 2015 21:03:52 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > Again, *look in your log files.* > > What error do you see? > > W.r.t. the Tomcat JVM size, these questions are best answered by Googling > for the answer, reading a few postings, and guessing which ones are most > correct, then trying them. > > If you are running Tomcat as a service under Windows, with the msi > installer from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi , then you > would make changes as described here: > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html > > > > On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com > wrote: > >> >> Ok I noticed on the following page: >> >> That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the Tomcat >> 6.0 window on the Java Tab >> I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum memory >> pool to 2048 MB. >> >> Applied the changes. >> Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive the >> [ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url] >> >> Anything else I can try to get this resolved? >> >> Thank you for your time and help. >> >> >> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>> >>> Thank you for the response. >>> >>> Just one question, where do I set the JVM size for Tomcat? >>> As there is stipulated that you have to change that JAVA_OPTS in the >>> setenv.bat / .sh file, but I am unable to locate those files. >>> >>> I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where I >>> am suppose to make those alterations? >>> I am new to this environment of ODK and Tomcat. >>> >>> Thank you for your help. >>> >>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>>> >>>> This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue. >>>> >>>> It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to >>>> 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly. >>>> >>>> Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly need >>>> to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media >>>> attachment + 256MB. >>>> >>>> >>>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community wrote: >>>> >>>>> When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error: >>>>> The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from >>>>> fulfilling this request. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Good morning >>>>>> >>>>>> I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. >>>>>> >>>>>> But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK >>>>>> Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server. >>>>>> I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. >>>>>> >>>>>> I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL >>>>>> to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. >>>>>> It captures two images. >>>>>> >>>>>> Could you please help me resolve this issue? >>>>>> >>>>>> Thank you for your time >>>>>> Regards. >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>> -- >>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>> >>>>> --- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Mitch Sundt >>>> Software Engineer >>>> University of Washington >>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>>> >>> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Based on the Error Unexpected exception: null ,I went and had a look at
the complete files that are failing.
I found that there is an entry of infinity where a numerical value should
have been.
After manually updating these forms, the upload succeeded.

Thank you for your patience and guidance with this matter.

··· On Friday, 27 February 2015 14:43:56 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: > > Here is a copy of the message that I receive within the log file > named: tomcat6-stdout.2015-02-26.log > > *INFO: Inside doHead* > *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory > internalGetForms* > *INFO: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms* > *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM > org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* > *INFO: incoming- last Fetch: -717955 [S: -572026 Eq: > -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: 0* > *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM > org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* > *INFO: -fetched- last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: > -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: -1* > *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM > org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* > *INFO: Eq-update last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: > 0 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: 0 > requested: 0* > *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost* > *SEVERE: Unexpected exception: null* > *java.lang.NumberFormatException* > * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* > * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* > * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* > * at > org.opendatakit.aggregate.submission.type.DecimalSubmissionType.setValueFromString(DecimalSubmissionType.java:60)* > * at > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.processSubmissionElement(SubmissionParser.java:526)* > * at > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.constructorHelper(SubmissionParser.java:388)* > * at > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.(SubmissionParser.java:188)* > * at > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet.doPost(SubmissionServlet.java:227)* > * at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)* > * at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.java:66)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:183)* > * at > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.java:40)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:115)* > * at > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:40)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OutOfBandUserFilter.doFilter(OutOfBandUserFilter.java:105)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.Oauth2ResourceFilter.doFilter(Oauth2ResourceFilter.java:351)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:144)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)* > * at > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)* > * at > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)* > * at > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)* > * at > org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)* > * at > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)* > * at > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)* > * at > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)* > * at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)* > > Thank you for the links, have read them and will utilize them. > > On Thursday, 26 February 2015 21:03:52 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >> >> Again, *look in your log files.* >> >> What error do you see? >> >> W.r.t. the Tomcat JVM size, these questions are best answered by Googling >> for the answer, reading a few postings, and guessing which ones are most >> correct, then trying them. >> >> If you are running Tomcat as a service under Windows, with the msi >> installer from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi , then you >> would make changes as described here: >> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html >> >> >> >> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com> wrote: >> >>> >>> Ok I noticed on the following page: >>> >>> That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the Tomcat >>> 6.0 window on the Java Tab >>> I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum >>> memory pool to 2048 MB. >>> >>> Applied the changes. >>> Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive >>> the [ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url] >>> >>> Anything else I can try to get this resolved? >>> >>> Thank you for your time and help. >>> >>> >>> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>> >>>> Thank you for the response. >>>> >>>> Just one question, where do I set the JVM size for Tomcat? >>>> As there is stipulated that you have to change that JAVA_OPTS in the >>>> setenv.bat / .sh file, but I am unable to locate those files. >>>> >>>> I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where I >>>> am suppose to make those alterations? >>>> I am new to this environment of ODK and Tomcat. >>>> >>>> Thank you for your help. >>>> >>>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>>>> >>>>> This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue. >>>>> >>>>> It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in to >>>>> 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly. >>>>> >>>>> Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly >>>>> need to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media >>>>> attachment + 256MB. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error: >>>>>> The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from >>>>>> fulfilling this request. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Good morning >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK >>>>>>> Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server. >>>>>>> I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL >>>>>>> to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. >>>>>>> It captures two images. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Could you please help me resolve this issue? >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Thank you for your time >>>>>>> Regards. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>> -- >>>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>>> >>>>>> --- >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>> send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> Mitch Sundt >>>>> Software Engineer >>>>> University of Washington >>>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>>>> >>>> -- >>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com >> >

Good. Glad you figured that out.

Was the data collected using ODK Collect?

I am surprised it allowed any of: +Inf, -Inf, NaN

··· On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:42 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opendatakit@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Based on the Error Unexpected exception: null ,I went and had a look at
the complete files that are failing.
I found that there is an entry of infinity where a numerical value should
have been.
After manually updating these forms, the upload succeeded.

Thank you for your patience and guidance with this matter.

On Friday, 27 February 2015 14:43:56 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote:

Here is a copy of the message that I receive within the log file
named: tomcat6-stdout.2015-02-26.log

INFO: Inside doHead
Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory
internalGetForms

INFO: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms
org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues

INFO: incoming- last Fetch: -717955 [S: -572026 Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis:

INFO: -fetched- last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis:

INFO: Eq-update last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 Eq: 0 Fs: -200691] futureMillis:
0 requested: 0

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost

SEVERE: Unexpected exception: null
java.lang.NumberFormatException

• at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.submission.type.DecimalSubmissionType.setValueFromString(DecimalSubmissionType.java:60)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.processSubmissionElement(SubmissionParser.java:526)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.constructorHelper(SubmissionParser.java:388)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.(SubmissionParser.java:188)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet.doPost(SubmissionServlet.java:227)*
  • at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)*
  • at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.java:66)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:183)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.java:40)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:115)*
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:40)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OutOfBandUserFilter.doFilter(OutOfBandUserFilter.java:105)*
  • at
  • at
    org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.Oauth2ResourceFilter.doFilter(Oauth2ResourceFilter.java:351)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:144)*
  • at
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)*
  • at
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)*
  • at
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)*
  • at
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)*
  • at
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)*
  • at
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)*
  • at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)*
  • at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)*
  • at org.apache.tomcat.util.net
    http://org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)*
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)*

Thank you for the links, have read them and will utilize them.

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 21:03:52 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote:

Again, look in your log files.

What error do you see?

W.r.t. the Tomcat JVM size, these questions are best answered by
Googling for the answer, reading a few postings, and guessing which ones
are most correct, then trying them.

If you are running Tomcat as a service under Windows, with the msi
installer from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi , then
you would make changes as described here: http://tomcat.apache.org/
tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the
Tomcat 6.0 window on the Java Tab
I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum
memory pool to 2048 MB.

Applied the changes.
Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive
the [ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url]

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote:

I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where
I am suppose to make those alterations?

Thank you for your help.

On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote:

It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in
to 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly.

Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly
need to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media
attachment + 256MB.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community opend...@googlegroups.com wrote:

The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

Good morning

I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL
to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go.
It captures two images.

Thank you for your time
Regards.

--
--

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
--

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Jip we are using ODK Collect.

··· On Friday, 27 February 2015 19:54:54 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > Good. Glad you figured that out. > > Was the data collected using ODK Collect? > > I am surprised it allowed any of: +Inf, -Inf, NaN > > On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:42 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community < opend...@googlegroups.com > wrote: > >> Based on the Error *Unexpected exception: null* ,I went and had a look >> at the complete files that are failing. >> I found that there is an entry of infinity where a numerical value should >> have been. >> After manually updating these forms, the upload succeeded. >> >> Thank you for your patience and guidance with this matter. >> >> >> On Friday, 27 February 2015 14:43:56 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>> >>> Here is a copy of the message that I receive within the log file >>> named: tomcat6-stdout.2015-02-26.log >>> >>> *INFO: Inside doHead* >>> *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory >>> internalGetForms* >>> *INFO: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms* >>> *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* >>> *INFO: incoming- last Fetch: -717955 [S: -572026 >>> Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: >>> 0* >>> *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* >>> *INFO: -fetched- last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 >>> Eq: -1100691 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: >>> -1* >>> *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues* >>> *INFO: Eq-update last Fetch: 0 [S: -572691 >>> Eq: 0 Fs: -200691] futureMillis: >>> 0 requested: 0* >>> *Feb 27, 2015 2:30:43 PM >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost* >>> *SEVERE: Unexpected exception: null* >>> *java.lang.NumberFormatException* >>> * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* >>> * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* >>> * at java.math.BigDecimal.(Unknown Source)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.submission.type.DecimalSubmissionType.setValueFromString(DecimalSubmissionType.java:60)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.processSubmissionElement(SubmissionParser.java:526)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.constructorHelper(SubmissionParser.java:388)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.SubmissionParser.(SubmissionParser.java:188)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet.doPost(SubmissionServlet.java:227)* >>> * at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)* >>> * at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareAuthPreservingRequestFilter.java:66)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:183)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(OpenIDAuthenticationFilter.java:40)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:115)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:40)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.OutOfBandUserFilter.doFilter(OutOfBandUserFilter.java:105)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.Oauth2ResourceFilter.doFilter(Oauth2ResourceFilter.java:351)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:144)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)* >>> * at >>> org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)* >>> * at >>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)* >>> * at org.apache.tomcat.util.net >>> .JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)* >>> * at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)* >>> >>> Thank you for the links, have read them and will utilize them. >>> >>> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 21:03:52 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>>> >>>> Again, *look in your log files.* >>>> >>>> What error do you see? >>>> >>>> W.r.t. the Tomcat JVM size, these questions are best answered by >>>> Googling for the answer, reading a few postings, and guessing which ones >>>> are most correct, then trying them. >>>> >>>> If you are running Tomcat as a service under Windows, with the msi >>>> installer from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi , then >>>> you would make changes as described here: http://tomcat.apache.org/ >>>> tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community wrote: >>>> >>>>> >>>>> Ok I noticed on the following page: >>>>> >>>>> That they say you should change the size on the Properties of the >>>>> Tomcat 6.0 window on the Java Tab >>>>> I changed the settings to Initial memory pool: 256 MB, and Maximum >>>>> memory pool to 2048 MB. >>>>> >>>>> Applied the changes. >>>>> Stopped and started the Tomcat server, but no change, I still receive >>>>> the [ODK Form Name] - Error: Internal Server Error (500) at [my server url] >>>>> >>>>> Anything else I can try to get this resolved? >>>>> >>>>> Thank you for your time and help. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 07:50:48 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Thank you for the response. >>>>>> >>>>>> Just one question, where do I set the JVM size for Tomcat? >>>>>> As there is stipulated that you have to change that JAVA_OPTS in the >>>>>> setenv.bat / .sh file, but I am unable to locate those files. >>>>>> >>>>>> I am running Tomcat v6.0, could you please indicate to me as to where >>>>>> I am suppose to make those alterations? >>>>>> I am new to this environment of ODK and Tomcat. >>>>>> >>>>>> Thank you for your help. >>>>>> >>>>>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:18:05 UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> This is likely a Tomcat JVM size issue. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> It will NOT be a MySQL packet problem, as we segment media files in >>>>>>> to 64kB BLOB segments and reconstruct them on-the-fly. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Look in the tomcat logs to see what the error is. You undoubtedly >>>>>>> need to increase the JVM size. It should be bigger than your largest media >>>>>>> attachment + 256MB. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM, 'Dewald van Staden' via ODK Community wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>>> When I try to manually Submit the form's I get the following error: >>>>>>>> The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from >>>>>>>> fulfilling this request. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37:35 UTC+2, Dewald van Staden wrote: >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Good morning >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I know this topic has been discussed before, sorry for duplicating. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> But I am unable to find any resolution to my problem running ODK >>>>>>>>> Aggregate v1.4.2 on my Web server. >>>>>>>>> I am running ODK Collect v 1.4.5(1048) on the Tablet. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I have increased the max_allowed_packets variable in MySQL >>>>>>>>> to 1073741824 which is to my understanding the largest that it can go. >>>>>>>>> It captures two images. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Could you please help me resolve this issue? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Thank you for your time >>>>>>>>> Regards. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>>>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> --- >>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>> send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>>> Mitch Sundt >>>>>>> Software Engineer >>>>>>> University of Washington >>>>>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>> -- >>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>> >>>>> --- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Mitch Sundt >>>> Software Engineer >>>> University of Washington >>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>>> >>> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >