Introduce yourself here!

Hi all!

I´m Cesar from Bogota, Colombia, I´m Civil Enginner , my interest in ODK begin for remplace the managment information capture in the zone rural in my country for anything uses, i loved the uses that can be given in countries like own, for data capture and decision making.

3 Likes

Hi!
Am Gichuki from Kenya. I work as an occupational health professional and Healthcare Manager.
I was introduced to ODK at a Health Informatics Fellowship Programme hosted by the University of Nairobi in 2012.
Since then I've occasionally used ODK for paperless data collection on various projects. Currently using it to administer COVID-19 screening by staff across 11 health facilities.
It's great to be here!

4 Likes

Hi..
I am Rico, have used ODK since 2012. ODK is a great application on data collection.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’m Mark from Uganda. I’m a civil engineering graduate with a passion for research, innovation and all things techie. I was introduced to ODK two years ago but this is my first time trying out a solo project idea I have been having.

Great to be here. Hope I can learn more and share with everyone.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Kyaw Yar Zar Aung (you can call me Yar Zar) from Central Statistical Organization under Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry, Myanmar. I am very thankful for joining the forum. I started working with the odk when our country had used the odk in 2017. I hope this forum is very value for odk user in every country that solution for all odk user's problems.

3 Likes

Hello All!

My name is Wanda, based in Uganda, East Africa. I learnt and starting using ODK as a work requirement (they had been using ODK for years), and i've been with it since September.
We use ODK mainly to do contractual on demand surveys, both creating forms for other companies and collecting the data ourselves (however the client likes it :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Hi, I'm Antony, a Kenyan citizen currently working in South Africa as a .Net Software Developer. I'm fairly new to ODK having previously worked with it as a user but now I will be interacting with it more as a developer. I have a long term project with an NGO which uses the ODK heavily for their field work data collection. They have several custom features they would like to include. Looking forward to working with everyone in the team.

3 Likes

Hello code champions. My name is Igor and I'm Croatian based in Zagreb. Really passionate in working on projects with clear vision and strong impact. Find about KoBo recently and cant wait to start building database that will help improving value added for farmers in Jordan.

Hope I will learn a lot and share my insights :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
My name is Dimitris. Very excited to be part of the community. And even more excited to build forms to collect data for market analysis in the Middle East.
Looking forward to meet some of you here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis un manager qui utilise ODK pour contrôlé la maintenance dans les industries.

J’utilise ODK depuis 4 ans, et je vient juste de m'inscrire sur le Forum

Je suis basé en France, en région parisienne.

4 Likes

Hi there!

I am a doctoral student working in the UK. The organisation I used to work for used the ODK tools to collect data on farmers across sub-Saharan Africa. I am hoping to try and improve the tool and I thought there was no better way to do it than through this community!!!

All the best,

Léo

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I work in Basel Switzerland for SwissTPH. I was involved in ODK for drafting a study in april 2019 then I learn more and more about the odk/xform/xlsform for a decision system project.

My git hub username is delcroip

I like to spend my free time learning new stuff

Because I like using offline tool to draft the studies, I used XLSform a lot and to mange them with git I create git hooks, if someone is interested the code can be found here https://github.com/SwissTPH/XLSX-pre-commit-and-post-merge

best regards

2 Likes

Hello Everybody,

Iam named Sisay working on institutional repositories and related technologies like DSpace,PostgreSQL,and Linux (Ubuntu). I do have interest to work and know ODK and associated stuff.

Iam from Ethiopia.

Thanks,Sisay

2 Likes

My Name is Lamo Jimmy. I have just joint today. I need to learn more for on our to use ODK for field data collection. I am from Uganda

2 Likes

Hi Am Michel EYENGa, based in DRC/Kinshasa.
currently am Data management in HIV project and am a new user for ODK

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Thien Mai. I am currently based in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh city. I am technically working on a project that is utilizing ODK Table and ODK Aggregate to do data collection and synchronization.

1 Like

Hello ODK world,
I am Luca from Germany. I am a geographer working for a GeoIT company. We do a lot of surveys on land cover, environmental and agricultural parameters especially for verification of earth observation data (satellite images) in international development cooperation projects. Usually we consult and support our local partners to set up and execute the field survey. ODK is close to perfect for this, it is easy to set up and adjust also for non-programmers and runs on nearly all smartphones. I am happy that more and more, the handling and recording of geospatial features (points, lines polygons) has been integrated. Great!

3 Likes

heyaa I am Saurabh I would love to explore more about ODK and this community and would like to contribute to this project :smile:

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Raffy and I am from the Philippines. I am currently developing an ODK application for collecting fisheries landing data. Fisheries catch monitoring is data intensive and occurs in places where internet connection can be challenging. Perfect for ODK. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and create a product that is useful.

3 Likes

Hello,
I'm from Ethiopia and I start using ODK Community after I started working masters thesis and currently, I'm collecting the data through using kobo tools. it's a new app for me and trying my best to improve my self.

2 Likes