Introduce yourself here!

Hi every one,
My name is Yamen Helel, i am statistician and i work for the National statistical institut in Tunisia.
I'm new with ODK, i am trying to use it to develop questionnaire for my work.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! my name is ajay, I am from India, and I am currently working as a software developer in a development project. I am planning to collect data through mobile using ODK.

2 Likes

Je m'appelle Edouard DANGBENON. je suis Béninois et j'utilise ODK cela fait environ 5 ans pour les travaux de recherche et les collecte de données.

2 Likes

Hello, I'm Omkar. I would love to introduce myself. I am 23 years old & done a Bachelor of engineering from India. I love reading blogs about healthcare IT, I love reading about telemedicine, HIPAA, EHR, etc. I would love to share my knowledge about healthcare IT with you guys.

1 Like

Hello All,

I am working as software developer in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam).
ODK Collect is part of our solutions to clients.

Glad to join the community
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi All.

Am Kenny from Kenya!

An an IT student learning ODK and I'll be glad to learn together with you guys.

Am more than glad to contribute to the body of knowledge and help improve ODK.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I am Md. Saedur Rahman. I am working as Database Expert in Bangladesh Government project name SUFAL [Sustainable Forest and Livelihoods Project].
In this project we are trying to complete our Survey by using ODK.

2 Likes

Hi, I'm Francois, from Lyon, France. I work as a CTO for a software company. Some of our users are collecting survey data with ODK in combination with our solutions.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone! I'm from Bangladesh. My hometown is in Khulna. My engagement in M&E sector is basically the reason for being here. I'm involved in 'assessing the impact of COVID-19' related ODK projecrts now. I will share my blog here at some point of time as I'm preparing it in recent times. My favorite things will include watching movies, sports, listening to live music, reading stories, and gossiping at leisure time with friends. One funny anecdone I can share that once a man went to Las Vegas, after returing from there some of his friends asked to share one incident. He mentioned in his reply that what happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas. Till my next post Ciao everybody.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Steve Sesay. I work as a data manager for the World Health Organization in Sierra Leone. I have been using ODK since the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone in 2014 for data collection purposes across multiple sectors. I find ODK to be a very useful tool and have been able to provide support to various sectors on mobile data collection.

3 Likes

Hello mates , hope you are fine , i am bassel , i work as M&E Officer in Syria .

1 Like

Hi All, I am Malini Jaikarran from Guyana, South America (no not Ghana) we are the only English speaking country in South America. I learnt about ODK many years ago but never fully explored its uses until now. I work with the main Housing Office in Guyana and we are looking to go paperless with many of the workflows we are involved in. Since I am also a GIS Analyst, the objective is to link the survey forms we use to locations for better visualization and analyses. I look forward to learning and sharing ODK related issues/solutions with this community. Outside of data collection and management, I am a foodie, baker and I love nature.

2 Likes

Hi. My name is Muchiri Nyaggah. I used to build web apps and services but now I only tinker :slight_smile: I am piloting ODK as part of data infrastructure for my organisation's agriculture support program. I had used ODK many years ago and it was a pleasant surprise this month to revisit it and find a way more mature and enterprise ready platform.

2 Likes

Hi All. My name is Greg Fullard, from South Africa. Although I heard about ODK some months ago, I'm only getting the opportunity to explore it now. I'm working on a project where we will be using ODK Connect to collect data about laboratory samples at the point of collection (For example, when collecting water samples for testing, we want the agent to record the sampling point etc).

This data will then be fed into the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) once the physical sample arrives at the lab.

ODK seems ideal for this use case, but I suspect we'll add some integration bit into the mix - Most likely using Apache Camel running on Spring Boot.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello dear ODK Community,

I am Serge from Côte d'Ivoire, and I work in the field of ICT for agriculture and rural development. I am e an engineer in Advanced Information systems and i hold an MSc In information technology.

I am currently working for an international NGo, with development projects in several West African Countries.

I discovered ODK in 2013 un Kigali, during the ICT4Ag conference (organised by CTA), and I was using it professionally since January 2014, for data collection, project monitoring and evaluation. Since then, ODK have always been part of our technical proposal for grants, since it is cost friendly, easy for end-users, and highly documented with an active core team and community.

I hope ODK will keep on improving, as it has done over the years.

Best.

3 Likes

Hello Dears!

My name is Suleiman, I am an industrial engineer, works with NGOs in the monitoring and evaluation field, I have experience in quality assurance mainly in ISO 9001, in addition to some in health and safety.

would love to give any support.

good luck people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am Unzimai julius from Uganda
I got involved with ODK community when i realized the need to collect data in the simple quickest manner. previously NGOs would engage us in data collection activities on paper thus tedious and space consuming.
I would purposively use ODK for data collection and analysis for both education and other work related surveys.
For more information i can be got on Facebook @UJ Lolly,
Outside the data world, i love doing music as a game.

2 Likes

Hi! I am Phindani from South Africa.

I am a System Developer, works for national heritage organization in SA. I have recently been involved in mobile app project, I will be using android studio to customized ODK app for our organization. I am new here and I hope I will contribute more and learn a lot from fellow community members.

Cheers!

3 Likes
  • Where you are typically based:
    I live in the Philippines, within Luzon area.
  • How you got involved with the ODK community (ODK origin stories!)
    We have recently tried integrating ODK with our survey projects. And I was suddenly thrown into it. I had a lot of questions, so I was grateful for the active forum that answered most of my questions.
  • What kinds of ODK projects you have been involved in.
    I have just started making an actual survey yesterday.
  • Your blog/Twitter/GitHub/other way for the community to follow you.
  • Some of your favorite things to do outside of data collection!
    I read light novels
  • [insert your own fun fact here]
    I am a very awkward person. (That is trying to change...) Also a slow learner. (Or maybe it just depends on my interest on the subject.)

I'll be using this set of sentences as my Profile, if possible.

1 Like

I think we are in the same field, I also use ODK as a data collection tool for CDC HIV research project which is based on "prevention of mother-to-child transmission" in Namibia. The project runs on OpenMRS (online version) and ODK (offline version). The data collected using ODK is sent to a central server where it's extracted and analysed using STATA. I am looking forward to sharing some ODK and STATA experiences with you.

jack.nghaamwa@gmail.com

1 Like