Introduce yourself here!

Hello. I'm a training consultant from Kenya. I work for Uphilos Consultancy and we are ODK trainers. My best short course is ODK for monitoring and evaluation.

2 Likes

My name Kenneth onyango from turkana kenya . I am requesting to join ODK job and ready to work with guys. I was involved with ODK when I started doing some consulting work for a company here in kenya last year.

1 Like

Hi all.

I am a Senior Lecturer are the University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. My students, collaborators and I study snake ecology, evolution and conservation (check out maritzlab.com to see the kind of work we do). Unfortunately I have very little coding experience, so I have mostly been reading this forum to try and troubleshoot (somewhat unsuccessfully) the basic development of a tool in ODK to quantify patterns of snake activity. Currently, ODK seems promising, but some of the tools I need seem to be somewhat inaccessible to us coding-challenged folks.

Bryan

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Hilary Egesa and I am based in Nairobi. I am working mainly as an Android Engineer in Ona Kenya where we strive to use data to save lives. ODK has been a core part of this mission here over the years.
I am fairly new to to ODK on a personal level but from what I have witnessed and read I am really excited to be part of this open source community.

5 Likes

Hi, my name is SH
Where you are typically based
Based in Delhi, India

How you got involved with the ODK community (ODK origin stories!)
heard a lot about it. Trying for first time.

What kinds of ODK projects you have been involved in
none yet.

Your blog/Twitter/GitHub/other way for the community to follow you
Not right now.

Some of your favorite things to do outside of data collection!
poetry

1 Like

Hello, World and !!! Parallel World !!!

The city where I'm living in Asia is also called the City Of Lights and the actual name is Karachi / Pakistan.

The attachment with my ODK is something like this i was working on a project called which was using the ODK Collect to collect the survey in different scenarios and at that time i got a chance to look at how the ODK provides great services in the community.

Recently I was involved in a project that uses the ODK collect to collect the survey of household and individual participants.

2 Likes

I am Arif Azad Khan based in Bangladesh. I came to know ODK back 2014 when I joined mPower Social Enterprises Ltd. since then I am fan of this tool. My first post in this forum (back then Google Groups) was in 2014 which got quick reply by Yaw Anokwa. Instantly I found it’s a great place to learn and contribute. I visit this forum frequently to learn new things about ODK especially the new features of XLSForm. I am really happy to be part of this great forum.

3 Likes

Hello, I'm Moustapha
I'm in Senegal (West Africa) and I work in digital health at BLUESQUARE . I started using ODK since 2020. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi folks, my name is Innocent. I am a Social Advocate/Social Researcher/ Program Associate/M&E Associate with 5 years + experience and technical skills in Program/Project design, development, program/Project Monitoring and evaluation (including Results Based M&E-OECD methodology, Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods, Quasi Experiments, Data collection and Analyst). I am passionate about developing research team capacity, Field Planning and Management, Community Mobilization and training, transcribing.

Over the years, I have been using and training ODK. I have used it on consultancies in health, education, agriculture, governance and I have also used it for personal business surveys. I am open to support data collection, field and surveys in Uganda and East Africa. Can be reached on kiizainnocent2017@gmail.com

Happy to be here.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Ousmane CISSE and I am a Mining Engineer, my new task is data analysis for a mining company. I would like to use ODK to collect all data that I need for my new task.

3 Likes

Hello folks

Am cliff . A software developer from OpenMRS in East Africa Uganda ..Glad to start using ODK

5 Likes

Hi, my name is Emma. I'm using ODK Collect in the context of agroforestery project all around the world.
Thanks to the community for all the answers!

Emma

4 Likes

Hello everyone:

My name is Mauricio Arciniegas, I like running and cycling.

I am a medical physicist living in Bogotá D.C., Colombia. I got involved some time ago with ODK looking for tools that would allow me to collect, preserve and make available for analysis my data in the area of radiation protection in a reliable way. I am currently developing projects focused on improving workflows in this area through ODK.

I have been impressed by ODK's progress over time. I thank the core team for the development of such an extraordinary tool and the community for their support in troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I'm Daniel Ndung'u ODK trainer based in Nairobi Kenya. I work in Upskill Development Institute and we offer Mobile Data Collection Using ODK Courses. If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage community project data using mobile devices ODK is the way to go.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am Satinder from India, I am using ODK since one month. I am learning and developing the xlsform based on my requirement.
thank you!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am Carol from Kenya.

Currently a data analyst for a firm striving to ensure garment sector (and other supply chain sectors) transparency by collecting data from garment workers in different countries using ODK forms.

Looking to collaborate and find solutions to ensure efficiency.

I love cooking and a good book is capable of keeping me up all night reading!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I am Francisco, based in the UK. I work in research at a University on topics related to mental health and violence prevention, the current project I am part of has been using ODK for some time before I joined. Outside of ODK and research, I love movies! and a fun fact about me is I used to be a league of legends professional player (very different from research)

3 Likes

Hello Everyone
I am Dr Vivek Gupta. I am from New Delhi India, a medical doctor and public health professonal. I have been a keen followed of ODK since last 13 years and have used Aggregate servers and now use the ODK central server for our large scale projcets data collection. Safe to say I am an IT enthusiast , with limited programming skills but am great at tinkering with tools !
I am in academia and am a Additional Professor of Community Ophthalmology at AIIMS, New Delhi. We have used / are using ODK for Rapid Assessment of Visual Impairment surveys, Corneal Opacity surveys and for disability surveys apart from patient consenting and obtaining clinical photos.
Glad to be here
Vivek

5 Likes

Hi ODK Community!

My name is Rita. I have been programming in SurveyCTO for 7 years now but have never used ODK before. A project I am going to support wants to use ODK so I am taking this opportunity to learn how ODK is different from SurveyCTO.

I am trying to install a Central Server using DigitalOcean and running into an issue. I have read through what seems like relevant posts but am still stuck. Honestly, I am a total newbie to server configuration stuff.

Anyhow, I will try to post my question in a more relevant location. For now, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jon. I'm a Sr. Software Developer at Food for the Hungry, a humanitarian aid and relief organization that works in about 13 countries around the world in the hardest to reach areas. I don't know much about ODK, but our field staff use it to collect monitoring and evaluation data so that we can have an end-to-end understanding of our global impact. I maintain an ODK Central virtual machine for those staff, and we are planning an upgrade. The previous maintainer moved on from our company, so I'm new to this software.

I appreciate this community and look forward to talking with you all.

5 Likes