Introduce yourself here!

My name is Ezra N Muchibwa, and i am Survey/GIS consultant based in Gaborone, Botswana.I am a new to ODK. I do work with organisation that maps the spatial distribution of diseases and i am also involved in mapping reticulation assets.So I will be using ODK for mapping all these components.

7 Likes

Hello everyone,

Saral here from Nepal. I am a newbie and am only getting started on the ODK yatra (Journey). To be honest I have no clue what I am going to find in here and what the scope of ODK is. I am stepping into the unknown.

How did I get here?

One of my friend needed to get his questionnaire digitized and he asked for my help. Now I had never done any such digitization prior to this, but I agreed to help. And so I looked for info on how to get it done. I first used the form builder to build a questionnaire. But then I exported it as an xls file and saw that I could have done all of the building from within my excel and faster. And so I proceeded to making the entire questionnaire again on excel. As I got deeper into the questionnaire, various questions arose. I tackled those questions by searching. The more I searched, the deeper I got. More challenging questions popped up and I tried logically solving those.
When I could not solve an issue that arose- I posted a question here on ODK community. And that's how I got here.

I am looking to learn more and enrich my experience here at ODK.

Cheers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi all,

I'm Patrick, an epidemiologist from Ireland and based out of London.
I started working with ODK in an NGO in South Africa and later while working for Dimagi, the creators of CommCare, as a field manager based in Senegal.
I have been involved in maternal and child health ODK-based projects primarily in West Africa!
Outside of data collection, I love playing squash and Scottish ceilidh dancing :slight_smile:
Glad to join this community!
Thanks!

6 Likes

I am Makanga Ronald from Uganda based in Kampala, i got to know about ODK at my work place where all data collection processes were aided using ODK. From then, i started training myself on how to design forms on ODK through using various resources among which include this platform. i have been able to successfully work on several projects helping students, research organizations and individual researchers on how to make their data collection processes easier and efficient. i am grateful to join a team of wonderful personalities across the globe on this platform. i enjoy playing pool as my favorite game and my weakness is winning all the time. yes i said my weakness
i can be accessed via makanga.ronnie@gmail.com

7 Likes

Hi ODK users!
I am Jessica, a spanish oceanographer and nature lover interested in ecosystem dynamics, fisheries science, natural resource management and the human dimensions of natural resource exploitation.

I did my Bachellor's in Marine Science (Oceanography) at the University of Vigo (Spain), completing internships at the Autonomous University of Baja Califronia (Mexico) and the Algarve University (Portugal). I followed my dream and came to Australia to do my masters degree in Fisheries Biology and Management (James Cook University- ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies), and here I remain, currently doing my PhD. Want to know more? Check my research groups! Ecological modelling group at JCU ; ARC CoE for Coral Reef Studies; or follow me on twitter! @JZamborainMason

My first experience with ODK was a few weeks ago, when my supervisor's team told me they needed to complete social surveys in a remote island in Papua New Guinea. Since then, we have been designing the surveys and the more I learn about ODK the more I like it!

Thank you for designing ODK and happy to join this community!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am a retired professor who conducted visitor exit survey analysis on Guam for many years. I am interested in a similar (2014) survey that used fomhub.org.
Ran into dead end searching for this and ended up here...if anyone can point me to information I would appreciate it.
Dr. Thomas Iverson

2 Likes

Hello all,
My name is Arpan and I am a researcher based out of Pune, India. I don't think I can be of much help to the community since my basic expertise is Economics and Policy- so the source code has nothing to fear!

I got introduced to ODK as a tool for primary data collection at my previous organisation (Jana Urban foundation) where we collected data from small business owners to carry out volume estimation, formalisation of enterprises, lead generation etc. I plan to introduce my current organisation (Watershed Organisation Trust) to ODK. These guys use paper-based surveys which I thought was the worst way to collect data. ODK saves time for data entry and cleaning (to an extent).

You can follow me @arpangolechha on Twitter. Although, I must say, I am not very active there. I am, however, an avid reader, I write poems and prose and love philosophy and politics. Hope to engage further.

Arpan

Fun Fact: Sarcasm and comedy are my two defining traits. So, please do not mind a little sass.

9 Likes

@yanokwa next time you are in Kenya Mbuzi Choma is on me

1 Like

Heloo World
Alex here from Kenya :kenya: :kenya: , discovered ODK earlier this and hoping to explore since i can realy use it on my data collection projects.

Holla when in Kenya for insighting tips on the best places to visit.

Not active on any sites though

3 Likes

Dear All,

I am Senthilkumar Thangavelu, doing my research in Innovation management and OSS. Also I am supporting an international fisheries project in the survey design, management using ODK.

You can be reached @senmalkisasb@gmail.com

Regards,

Senthil

5 Likes

Hi Arpan,

I am Senthil from Bangalore currently doing my PhD in management and supporting project using ODK.

I like to get in touch with you to share info related to ODK and research.

Regards,

Senthil

2 Likes

hie Ronald I need help from you if you are in Zimbabwe can I have your number?

Hello world,

my name is Jessica, based in Florida, USA. I'm an economist and I work for an environmental conservation organisation. I've worked on a project with a colleagues who used ODK a couple of years ago for socio- economic survey in Kenya. I'm finally taking the plunge and using ODK for a fisheries project in the Bahamas. I'm glad to have this wonderful community to help me on my way!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I work in HIV research and surveillance at the University of California, San Francisco. I am a novice ODK user - just started using it last year - but excited to learn more and contribute however I can :slight_smile:

Tania

4 Likes

Hello all,
I am Sashi, from India. I am just getting involved in collecting some data and was exploring the best ways to go about it. This search let me to ODK. I hope I can in time contribute to this growing community!!

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I'm a French :fr: citizen, currently working in Japan :jp:.
I work in a research team and have been exposed to ODK for the first time about a year ago.

Benjamin

3 Likes

Hello, My name is Moses from Uganda, i have ODK in collecting data for many research organisation in Uganda and i am very interested in learning more about ODK especially creating forms, uploadingand downloading data sets.
looking forward to learn more

3 Likes

Hello world!

I am a marine ecologist and PhD student in Wales (UK) learning social science and ODK for the first time. I hope to use mobile technology to run some beach user questionnaires this summer.

I love the sea, the mountains, diving, my friends and family. People are fascinating too.

I am a technophobe but slowly getting to grips with the 21st century and really hope that I don't bore you all with too many basic questions.

Thanks for a great forum.. I've already been using it for my ODK research.

Liz

3 Likes

I am George Lule from Uganda, Systems Developer and I am currently developing Online Data collection systems for different service areas

3 Likes

Sure, Senthil. Do tell me what you want to get in touch about.