Introduce yourself here!

Olá pessoal.

Sou matemático e estatístico e mestrando em Estatística.

Trabalho com pesquisas de satisfação e opinião com uso do ODK e agora estou tentando adicionar Machine Learning (R e Python) na minha vida.

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Zvi, I've lived in a number of places, and am now based in Israel. In 2018 I was looking for a survey tool that can record the location of each responses and be used offline, so filling a survey won't require being online. I was advised that there is a popular open source tool that can do that, and this is how I got started with ODK.

I hope to use ODK-collect for health research (surveys of behaviors and health outcomes of individuals in different locations).

I am not a programmer, certainly not in Java, nor a sysadmin, so I'll either recored the answers in a Google spreadsheet, or use the services of a provider (such as Londong School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine - if they let me).

Not sure what else to add, and I also don't like to share personal stuff with search engines that scour forums for information, so this will be it for now.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am Rafael from Belo Horizonte, a city from Brazil. Currently i'm studying Information Systems an work as an intern at a company that deals with enviromental monitoring. I got involved with ODK because this company uses ODK Collect and Enketo to colletct data from studies.

1 Like

Hola a todos y todas. Soy Marcelo, trabajo en Tucumán, República Argentina, en la organización estatal de investigación agrícola y extensión, INTA. Estoy incursionando en ODK para generar una aplicación para recoger datos productivos de los productores familiares con los cuales trabajamos, y así poder contar con datos certeros para el análisis económico de las explotaciones.

2 Likes

Je m'appelle John Kamwina Kebela. Je suis de la République Démocratique du Congo. Ma résidence officielle c'est à Kinshasa, la capital de la République Démocratique du Congo. Je suis enseignant chercheur à l'Ecole de Santé Publique de l'Université de Kinshasa. Présentement, je suis basé à Niamey, la capital de la République du Niger, pour appuyer le Niger à la riposte COVID19 pour le compte de l'AFRICA CDC (Union Africaine). J'occupe le poste d'Epidémiologiste et Data Manager. J'ai commencé utilisé ODK depuis 2015 comme utilisateur (Création formulaire, déploiement dans le serveur google cloud, former les enquêteurs, superviser la collecte des données, télécharger les données avec ODK Aggregate sous format CSV pour faire les analyses statistiques et produire de cartes avec le logiciel ARCGIS. J'ai une licence en Informatique de Gestion, un master en économie de la santé, un master en télédétection et SIG, un DEA en Epidémiologie Biostatistique. Présentement je suis en pleine rédaction de ma thèse sur EBOLA. Mon soucis est d'être parmi le concepteur ou développeur des applications de collecte de données avec les androïdes ou smartphone. :muscle: :muscle: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
i'm Ben, and i'm Information Management Assistant. I usely collect data from Kobo and ODk and built map also.
It's helpfull to connect with ODK FORUM to ask and get answer.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Ridho from Indonesia. ODK is my favorite data collection platform in a remote area. I often use ODK in various fields, especially related to geospatial data such as for land surveys, plantations, disaster, NGO activities, conservation etc. I have a plan to integrate ODK with geospatial platform. I'm so excited to join this very helpful community.

2 Likes

:wave:t4:

My name is Edinam. I'm pharmacist working in various countries in West and Central Africa. I'd been looking for an app to make quality data collection easy and came across ODK collect. It's solving most of our challenges and I'm happy to learn one tip at the time and keep moving on.

5 Likes

Hello,
I am Rudy, a geomatician at the Guadeloupe National Park, in France.
I have been using ODK-CENTRAL for 2 months but have been using ODK-AGGREGATE for almost a year.
My uses are field surveys from Android ODK, viewable under Lizmap from Qgis projects.
I am pationed by mobile GIS, I connect ODK - QGIS - LIZMAP applications.
Thank you for welcoming me here.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Wanangwa Banda from Malawi in Africa and currently a Monitoring and Evaluation Office Intern at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR). Just started my second year.

I got involved with the ODK community by troubleshooting for ODK since I am self training on ODK so the community is were I got most of the help when I am stuck. Its been fun this far because I must admit achieving something out of your own initiative feels out of this world awesome. I am just learning how to create ODK forms but I have been using ODK for a couple years and projects now as an end user data collector.

So I will be learning much from you guys and glad I am on the community.

3 Likes

Hi, I'm Alex. I am a mobile app developer at Velvetech with 1 year of experience. I am actively studying and learning new things. I hope that I will find a lot of new and useful information on the forum.

2 Likes

Iam FILBERT CHUNDU-Director of the Good Harvest Organization-based in Mpanda-Tanzania. We are currently implementing community mapping project for public health epidemic control in the District of Tanganyika-Katavi Region.We are using ODK to collect data and conduct the survey. It is the new tool for us so should we have any question we will get back to you for assistance.Thanks! For more information about our Organization and what we do you can visit our social media https://www.facebook.com/goodharvestorg

2 Likes

Wow, this Welcome thread is amazing.
Kudos to ODK. Wow.

We are a team based at McGilll University in Canada, as well as in China and the US, doing fieldwork in rural Beijing. We have been using Surveybe since 2017, but it folded and remained closed/proprietary, stranding all our investments in coding up the survey.
So glad that an open-source option is now up to the task.

However, we are now in a rush to get ODK servers up in Canada and in China...

2 Likes

Hello, I am a software engineer based in Berlin, Germany, working mostly with Java and Linux. Back in 2013 we had put in place a data collection solution based on ODK Collect in RDC, and now it has been one year that we are using it again for a project across French-speaking West Africa. I have developed a lightweight implementation of the Open Rosa protocol, so that ODK Collect can "talk" directly to our system.

3 Likes

Hi all,

I am Rahaf, currently based in London, UK. I have started using ODK two years ago after the pandemic started. I am currently working on COIVD-19 related mortality estimation. ODK made my work easier and I appreciate the support the ODK community provides. Thanks.

Best,

Rahaf :wave:t2:

3 Likes

Hi, I'm Rodrique, from Cameroon, living in Cameroon :wink:
Senior Full-Stack Software developper and Humanitarian :slight_smile:

I get into ODK in 2015, when trying to find out an open source software that I can easily use to collect data on animals drugs which are sold into a region of my country. From this date, it is the only tool I use to recommend and support for all organization who have data collection activities.

I widely use Kobo during my humanitarian activities. But ODK its the default deployed server when an internal one is needed.

I love social activities, I like discovering new places in my country or in the world (virtual/real visit : all matters) ; I practive a little bit Piano, and I'm intermediate in Taekwondo :-p

2 Likes

Hello people of ODK!

My name is Lucas Silbernagel and I'm usually based in Berlin, :de: where I'm pursuing a M.Sc. in Business Intelligence. At the moment, however, I'm doing a Data Science internship at the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute which is why I'm working and living in Basel, :switzerland:.
During the internship I got in touch with ODK for the first time as it is the data collection tool of choice in the research project that me, @Thalie and many others are working on. The project is called "Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness" and we are collecting health data in Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, and India. You can find more info here.
I'm joining the forum because I'm currently developing a generic R package for the Swiss TPH which aims to facilitate the the generation of reports with ODK data.
It is still at an early stage of development but feel free to check it out on my GitHub.
:wave:

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I am Sudhir Gupta based in India. We have used ODK with GAE in the past on several projects. It was really easy. Recently we started exploring ODK for another project and found that support for GAE has been discontinued. So we are struggling to build on AWS and facing problems. Reaching out to the community for support. This is my Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/sudhir2016/

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Aggregate and GAE

Hi All

I am Praveen Shrivastava from Lucknow, India.

I started using ODK 2 years back because it was open source and easy to use. I develop forms on my own and also setup the google app-engine/vm-instance for the clients.

I am working with private sector, I also Visualize and create dashboards for reports for the clients.

Now I am using ODK-Central. I am here for a query which is related with table format.

Before when i was using SurveyCTO there i have option to export the data in wide format. But in Central is this facility available?

2 Likes