Is it possiblet to combine in appearance the 1. autocomplete with 2. the search from CSV?

I have a form which is reading data from a CSV file. In order to do that I have used as type: select _one and in the appearance field I put: search('my_csv_name')
I have also edited the Choices sheet accordingly.
The problem is that the list has a lot of values and I would like to be able to search through it. In another form I have used the "autocomplete" tag in which the user types texts and gets the corresponding values. The "autocomplete" tag goes also in the appearance field.
Is there a way to combine there two. The search and autocomplete?

Thanks.

Hi @dkarakostis
It is possible in this fixed issue https://github.com/getodk/collect/pull/2540 you can find a zip file with a form that contains such an appearance.
It's a part of that form:

<select appearance="search search('fruits')" ref="/different-search-appearances/fruit5">
         <label>Select from a CSV using search() appearance/function and search appearance</label>
         <item>
            <label>name</label>
            <value>name_key</value>
         </item>
      </select>
      <select appearance="autocomplete search('fruits')" ref="/different-search-appearances/fruit6">
         <label>Select from a CSV using search() appearance/function and autocomplete appearance</label>
         <item>
            <label>name</label>
            <value>name_key</value>
         </item>
      </select>
`
1 Like

@Grzesiek2010 I see that this form is in XML. Is there a way to transfer it to xls form in order to add it in my current xls file?

Thank you.

only manually there is no tool to convert xml to xls but if you just need appearances it will look the same so you should be able to use:
autocomplete search('fruits') in your xls file (where fruits is your csv file name).

1 Like

Thank you. This worked nicely!