Is there a way to access the latest Beta for ODK Collect with a new release of ODK Collect

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
Is there a way to redownload the latest Beta ODK Collect Version once it has been replaced by a new release of ODK Collect?

I was testing a feature on a Beta ODK Collect, but had to redownload ODK Collect. However, once I redownloaded ODK Collect, I could no longer access the Beta ODK Collect with a specific feature because there was a newer ODK Collect release.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

1. Deleted ODK Collect Beta Version
  2. Reinstall latest ODK Collect version, but no longer have the ability to go back to the ODK Collect Beta

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?

1. I have tried to see if it was possible to see if you could get the app from GitHub

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.

Some of the .apk files are available on the GitHub releases page: https://github.com/getodk/collect/releases
But it does not seem consistent, and the Beta you are looking for only has the source code available in the assets. Maybe @seadowg knows when the apk file is included?

Sorry about that, @mschroeder, we don't typically have point releases after betas and I forgot that the Play Store would hide the beta. I have released v2022.4-beta.1 which should now be available.

That's also on me. I haven't considered very important to put the APK there but will put in better systems to do it consistently.

2 Likes

Thanks @LN. I have been able to download the updated Beta. Much appreciated.