Is there a way to display an error message when there is a duplicate entry?

*1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hi everyone! I want to get a message when I enter a repeated value that is inside the begin_repeat in my case cell B15 of the file I attached.

**2. What application or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK central 0.7 + ODK collect v1.25.1 + moto g7 android 7

*3. What have you tried to solve the problem?
Eh trying to create a calculation field generate a position and take the value of the variable, but when you make the loop you lose it.

**5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or records, attach below.
Ficha_Relevamiento_Nutricional_Salta.xls (53.5 KB)

Este tema me interesa no lo eh conseguido resolver

Hi @Daniel_Alberto_Diaz,
I found this other link that had a similar question: Validate against duplicate entries within nested repeats

It seems a bit more complicated than your case. But is this similar to what you're looking for?

Janna

Thanks @janna , but it's not what I need. I want you to only give me a message that the record you are entering has already been entered among the previous ones of the repeated cycle. Just that, I don't want to pretend to search the database because I know it can't be done. Only a duplication message if that record was already loaded among those that I select to load on the repeater, in fact I only need 1 field that is the DNI.

Hi @Daniel_Alberto_Diaz,

Does this work for you? repeat_check_2.xlsx (14.5 KB)