Issue with repeat_count in nested repeat

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am collecting data on food items eaten, along with their portion sizes. The first, or parent repeat is asking about the food item, and the second repeat is a series of questions related to each serving/portion size entered for a given food item. I want the number of repetitions of the second repeat to be limited to the number of servings/portions entered. To do this, I added a question in the first loop about number of portions (n_portions), and then included ${n_portions} under the repeat_count column on the second repeat line. I am able to convert the form and upload it to my server, but I get this error when I try to open it on my tablet: Binding path [null] not allowed with parent binding of [/diet-recall-example/food_item_entry/portion_size_entry] I've included an example of my form where the error occurs: diet-recall-example.xlsx (10.8 KB) diet-recall-example.xml (7.8 KB)

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I'm using ODKCollect v1.16.4 on a Nexus 7 android tablet. I used the XLSForm online converter.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
When I remove the repeat_count specification, I no longer have the error. But I want to restrict the number of repeats to the number of portion sizes entered.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I've included examples. For me, the error occurs when I try to open the form on my tablet and ODKcollect app.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @ezavala

welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

When it comes to your problem: please update the app, the newest version v1.23.3 works well and the problem is not visible.

The update did the trick. Thank you!