Jr:choice-name not working in ODK Collect

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Using the attached sample survey results in multiple errors of "For input string: "False"" and I am unsure how to remedy it.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Latest ODK on Android Pie

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Various tweaks and changes to the position(..) like adding -1 but it's not working.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Exit Gate Survey - Test.xlsx (22.2 KB)

Run the attached survey.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Please use this version. The first one was faulty.
Exit Gate Survey - Test.xlsx (22.1 KB)

I've figured it out. I had mismatched column names.
Thanks!

1 Like

Can you please post your final working form so that others can learn from your example?

Hi, Ofcourse,

PFA my final form in working order. Works perfectly in Enketo but in Collect if I go back and reduce my selection count in multi-select Q, the repeat group count does not go down and I see blank repeats. I will probably add relevance conditions on top of this to remedy it.
Exit Gate Survey - Test.xlsx (22.1 KB)

Regards.

2 Likes

Hello @Saad_Ahmad,
The problem is probably the repeat_count, there is a recent similar bug in KoBoCollect. The relevant will only hide the data, but not remove any repeat. So, also count(repeatGroup) and following references, like instance-at will still have the non-relevant.
See ... https://community.kobotoolbox.org/t/dynamic-repeat-group-does-not-work-properly-if-the-number-of-repetitions-is-updated/10353/3