Labels in choice list

Dear all

I am trying to use labels in a repeat with a choice list. See attached the excel. For one way or another, the label of tree species is not shown in the question "how many [label] were handed out". My assumption is that this has to do with the fact that I am using a choice list on countries. Am I doing somthing wrong or is there a way to solve it? Thanks!Test_labels_choice_list.xlsx (14.1 KB)

I tested your xls but get the desired result you want. Could you please fill the suggested format that show when post your query in the forum? It helps community people better to answer your question. I think the format like below:

What is the problem? Please be detailed.*

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Thanks for trying and your feedback. Strange this.... I experience a lot op problems lately, not only with labeling, but also with uploading to aggregate (form not accepted while being succesfully converted to xml by the online tool).

What ODK tool and version are you using?
ODK collect v1.18.2

And on what device and operating system version?
Android 5.0.2 but also Android on a desktop version 1.2.5.0

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I tried on different Aggregate servers: On a Aggregate v1.7.1, running on postgres. I can upload this file without any problems to Aggregate, but the labels are not shown on ODK Collect

I also tried another Aggregate server, version 1.4.2, which does not accept the xml form anymore (in the past without problems). Aggregate give an HTTP status 500 error when I try to upload it.

I also tried another Aggregate server, version 1.4.7, which does not accept the xml form anymore (in the past without problems). This Aggregate give an HTTP status 400 error when I try to upload it.

I am a bit lost; no clue where the problem exists: either on the converter, either on Aggregate or on Collect...

Using the latest version of Aggregate is the correct approach, so let's set that as a constant.

@Eddy_Rellum For the form you uploaded, it seems the issue is with jr:choice-name inside two repeats. Can you do some quick experimentation to see if it works in one repeat? What about no repeat?

1 Like

Hi Janokwa,

This indeed seems to create the problem (jr:choice-name inside 2 repeats). I also read a comment that jr:choice-name inside 2 repeats does not work with a filter (cascade). And that is just what I am using. Is there a way to solve this? I need a repeat in a repeat...