Linking two forms in ODK-X

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am currently trying to link two forms, following along from the Plot and Plot Visit forms. The goal of these forms is to initially collect data on Visit1.xlsx form and then in a follow up form, called profileSummary, we want the data collected to be displayed. I have attached the relevant .xlsx files.

The error that keeps popping up is: "Error with template"

It's strange since I am mirroring the structure followed in the visit and plot xlsx forms.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
App: ODK-X (Survey, Sync & App-Designer)
Device: Galaxy Tab-A

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried to debug using the developer console but it was near impossible to find the error, I was getting quite a few jquery errors, which might be coming from other parts of ODK-X.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

I have attached the xlsx files I am working with. My best guess is the error is coming from the queries I am making

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Note that I have not included the files needed for the async_assign, but they are in the correct directories.

All relevant files attached. Visit1.xlsx (17.0 KB)

Woops, forgot the other file
profileSummary.xlsx (13.6 KB)

Welcome to the ODK forum, @akshdeep_sandhu ! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

So looking at Visit1, one immediate problem would be that the linked_table_id is missing in the first query. Generally, you need that. Also, aren't you trying to enter visit1 and then go to profileSummary? If so, you have your structure backwards. In Visit1 you would want to have the queries, and then query profileSummary -- not the way you currently have it, querying visit1 from within profileSummary. If you want it to have the same data, then the table_id will need to be the same and just the form_id different (and the corresponding file structure in your file browser). If you haven't already, read up on queries here: https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/xlsx-converter-reference/#id15
and then let us know your next questions :slight_smile:

Hi Caroline, thanks for the quick reply and I will sure to update my profile.

Regarding the project I noticed that in the visit form (from the the exmple applications) the column did not contain a value for table_id, but I will be sure to add it and run again. In terms of the structure, I actually was hoping to call information from Visit1 into the profile summary, where this form will contain data that has been collected in forms through multiple visits. (I am also exploring this with the table views).

Sorry if that was confusing.

*NOTE FIXED THE ISSUE

1 Like