ODK ecosystem entity-based data collection table of contents

There have been many conversations about supporting workflows that are centered around specific people, places or things in the ODK ecosystem over the years. This wiki topic is intended to aggregate them and weave them into a coherent story. Anyone with sufficient seniority on the forum can and should edit the post.

Many users have used ODK for workflows that are centered around specific entities using techniques described in the documentation. This topic is about adding more explicit support for those kinds of workflows.

Implementation topic (Jun 2022)

Documents discussed by the Technical Steering Committee (now TAB):

Workflows described by users:

Discussion about implementation:

5 Likes

I've written up three workflows based on past and present eHealth Africa projects - do you want to add them to the list @LN?

Hi, I'm looking to develop a longitudinal study in ODK to record repeated observations of tagged trees. Have the new tools for case management / longitudinal studies described above been implemented yet for ODK ? Where would you suggest I start if I want to use the most up-to-date tools?

Hi Emma,

No, these tools have not yet been implemented. We're expecting that the implementation will happen at some point in 2020, but I can't be any more specific than that right now, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, ODK-X supports longitudinal data collection, so you might want to investigate that.

1 Like

Hello Hélène,

How one can help to move this forward ?

Best regards