Measure distance and area between points

Hi, all
Is there any odk collect widget or question type for dimensions (height, etc.) and area measure?
Regards,

Hi @Amal_Dahounto
No it's not possible but I was thinking about it recently and I would like to add such an option. I mean adding a widget that would allow us to measure a path or an area based on current Geo widgets.

Regards,
Grzegorz

Hi @Grzesiek2010
thanks for your reply;
Hope that your project for that widget will soon be realized.
Regards,

@Amal_Dahounto could you describe better what you really need? How are you going to use it? Any real use case? It would be really helpful for us.

@Amal_Dahounto @Grzesiek2010 There is an area function contributed by SurveyCTO that computes the area described by a geoshape or a list of geopoints. @martijnr shared a sample XLSForm here. Does that suit your needs?

It's not clear to me what a height calculation means in this context so more details there would be very helpful.

@LN,Grzesiek2010, thanks to you two.
By " Height calculation", I mean the calculation for the distance between two given geopoints.
Hélène, the area function in your xlsform above suits one of my needs (area calculation); my guess is that it will suit my second need (heigth calculation): I will apply it to 2 geopoints (any other idea about this will be much appreciated); after trying, I will keep you informed.
Thanks you so much.

Distance between points has been proposed as an addition to the form specification at https://github.com/opendatakit/xforms-spec/issues/129 and we've not been able to push that to completion. This will likely have to wait until we can get a proper road map together and see where it fits in.

ok,
many thanks.
Regards,