going back and changing them.

Thanks for your input,

andrew

··· On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Eric Lwanga wrote:

Hey Yaw,

I guess we'll be looking into ways of efficiently removing the current
version of Collect from CKW handsets.
I appreciate your timely response and I can see the benefits of remote
device management features that come with ODKManage in the near future.

Thanks,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

hey eric,

don't think there is an easy way around this. changing the code's
namespace might force it to install beside the old version of collect,
but that doesn't seem ideal. maybe others have more clever ideas?

i'd just print up screenshots or have a more technically saavy person
do this (and other phone maintenance) at your next ckw meeting.

for your next set of upgrades, odk manage
(http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/wiki/ODKManage) is supposed to
take care of issues like this. it's still young code, but it should be
good
enough for these kinds of things...

yaw

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 03:17, Eric elwanga@yo.co.ug wrote:

We (CKW, Applab Uganda) have users in the field with versions of
Collect from Market Place installed on their handsets. We have
recently built Collect in house, to add some custom data to the http
headers that are sent to our server and want to upgrade the versions
used in the field.

Problem is Collect will not install since the applications are signed
differently. Is there a way to upgrade the version of Collect from
Market Place without necessarily having to uninstall the application
first? (The end users in the field are not tech-savvy, and may have
problems understanding the uninstall procedure)

Thank you,

Eric

--
Eric

--
andrew azman
+1.202.258.3951

going with my gut here. i doubt there is a significant difference. i
believe multiple languages more than anything eat memory.

you can just throw a script together to make a test form and profile the app...

··· On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 07:33, Andrew Azman wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in using > selected(/node/path,'x') vs. /node/path = 'x' in terms of memory/speed of > form? I understand the differences in the meaning of the syntax but I have > a large form with a number of unnecessary selected() statements and want to > know if it is worth going back and changing them. > Thanks for your input, > andrew > > > > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Eric Lwanga wrote: >> >> Hey Yaw, >> I guess we'll be looking into ways of efficiently removing the current >> version of Collect from CKW handsets. >> I appreciate your timely response and I can see the benefits of remote >> device management features that come with ODKManage in the near future. >> Thanks, >> >> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>> >>> hey eric, >>> >>> don't think there is an easy way around this. changing the code's >>> namespace might force it to install beside the old version of collect, >>> but that doesn't seem ideal. maybe others have more clever ideas? >>> >>> i'd just print up screenshots or have a more technically saavy person >>> do this (and other phone maintenance) at your next ckw meeting. >>> >>> for your next set of upgrades, odk manage >>> (http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/wiki/ODKManage) is supposed to >>> take care of issues like this. it's still young code, but it should be >>> good >>> enough for these kinds of things... >>> >>> yaw >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 03:17, Eric wrote: >>> > We (CKW, Applab Uganda) have users in the field with versions of >>> > Collect from Market Place installed on their handsets. We have >>> > recently built Collect in house, to add some custom data to the http >>> > headers that are sent to our server and want to upgrade the versions >>> > used in the field. >>> > >>> > Problem is Collect will not install since the applications are signed >>> > differently. Is there a way to upgrade the version of Collect from >>> > Market Place without necessarily having to uninstall the application >>> > first? (The end users in the field are not tech-savvy, and may have >>> > problems understanding the uninstall procedure) >>> > >>> > Thank you, >>> > >>> > Eric >>> > >>> > >>> > >> >> >> >> -- >> Eric > > > > -- > andrew azman > +1.202.258.3951 >