Minimum repeat required?

I have tried adding required to the repeat group and the questions however, my goal is to require someone to go through a repeat at least one time, however it allows me to skip adding the first group. If I understand repeat-count correctly this is an exact number that does not allow for additional responses beyond that number.

I know I could ask a question with a drop down of how many photos they would like to take and not have 0 be an option but I am trying to avoid that if possible because the user may want to add another group on the fly.

-John

I'm guessing you are using XLSForm to build your form. As far as I know, the only way to require at least one repeat is to edit the form XML after conversion to remove jr:template="" from your repeat.

I wrote a bit more about this at Side slider bar not able to be moved manually in long pick-list of ODK Collect - #7 by LN

I'm starting to think we should look into a modification for XLSForm such that jr:template is only added if defaults are specified for group elements. I'm not sure whether this would be difficult or not.

2 Likes