Missing data in repeat groups

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I collected data in ODK Collect 1.28.1 through a form that has nested repeat groups. The forms submit without a problem. However, when I download from ODK Central the repeat groups csv doesn't seem to go beyond a small number of rows, less than 1% of what I expect. I can see the data in the forms on the phone is still there I just don't understand whether Central is selectively ingesting or the csv export is unable to go the whole hog.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I'm on Central v1.0

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I created a fresh project, uploaded the same form, reconfigured the device to submit to the new project using the same form and got the same result.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I could share the form...
build_VBA-Packing-List_1601813105 (1).xml (8.1 KB)
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @Muchiri! This sounds like an issue we fixed with v1.0.3. Are you using Central v1.0.3 or an earlier version of v1.0? You can check your current version by adding version.txt to the URL, for example, https://trial.getodk.cloud/version.txt. Among other information, it should indicate:

client (v1.0.0)
server (v1.0.3)

It's very likely the latter: Central saves the entire submission XML, so I think it's a matter of including everything in the export.

1 Like

Many thanks! I'm on v1.0.2 I will update right away.

2 Likes