Modifying ODK

Hi guys,

I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South
Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours
project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions
instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can
go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I
cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things
needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Samito

ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as response
see following URL:

http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/

Regards,
Ayub

P.S: Change the project asap!!!

··· On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South > Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours > project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions > instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can > go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I > cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things > needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. > > Regards > Samito >

Dear Ayub

I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in video
while the response to the same question get it as video.
I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases.

Regards
Samito

··· On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: > > ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as > response see following URL: > > http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ > > Regards, > Ayub > > P.S: Change the project asap!!! > > On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >> >> Hi guys, >> >> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South >> Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours >> project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions >> instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can >> go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I >> cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things >> needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >> >> Regards >> Samito >> >

See "Auto Play Video" section from the same URL :

What is your SSN Enter your Social Security Number below jr://video/askSSN.3gp

<h:body>

</h:body>

See "Video capture, select" section:

<h:body>

video widget

</h:body>

If you can't make them work, try smaller forms or demo forms which could be
downloaded from ODK servers, these examples illustrate how to include
images, videos etc.

Regards,
Ayub

··· On Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:42:20 AM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: > > Dear Ayub > > I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in video > while the response to the same question get it as video. > I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases. > > Regards > Samito > > On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >> >> ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as >> response see following URL: >> >> http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ >> >> Regards, >> Ayub >> >> P.S: Change the project asap!!! >> >> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>> >>> Hi guys, >>> >>> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South >>> Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours >>> project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions >>> instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can >>> go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I >>> cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things >>> needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >>> >>> Regards >>> Samito >>> >>

Thanks Ayub, this helped a lot.

Regards
Samito

··· On Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:04:35 AM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: > > See "Auto Play Video" section from the same URL : > > > > What is your SSN > Enter your Social Security Number below > jr://video/askSSN.3gp > > > > > > > > > > > > > See "Video capture, select" section: > > > > > > > > > > > > video widget > > > > > If you can't make them work, try smaller forms or demo forms which could > be downloaded from ODK servers, these examples illustrate how to include > images, videos etc. > > Regards, > Ayub > > On Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:42:20 AM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >> >> Dear Ayub >> >> I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in video >> while the response to the same question get it as video. >> I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases. >> >> Regards >> Samito >> >> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>> >>> ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as >>> response see following URL: >>> >>> http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ >>> >>> Regards, >>> Ayub >>> >>> P.S: Change the project asap!!! >>> >>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi guys, >>>> >>>> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South >>>> Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours >>>> project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions >>>> instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can >>>> go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I >>>> cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things >>>> needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >>>> >>>> Regards >>>> Samito >>>> >>>

Hi Ayub,

Is it possible to specify the video to play automatically from the excel
sheet so that the xml doesn't have to be modified?

Regards
Samito

··· On Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:50:36 PM UTC+2, Samito Sibiya wrote: > > Thanks Ayub, this helped a lot. > > Regards > Samito > > On Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:04:35 AM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >> >> See "Auto Play Video" section from the same URL : >> >> >> >> What is your SSN >> Enter your Social Security Number below >> jr://video/askSSN.3gp >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> See "Video capture, select" section: >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> video widget >> >> >> >> >> If you can't make them work, try smaller forms or demo forms which could >> be downloaded from ODK servers, these examples illustrate how to include >> images, videos etc. >> >> Regards, >> Ayub >> >> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:42:20 AM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>> >>> Dear Ayub >>> >>> I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in video >>> while the response to the same question get it as video. >>> I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases. >>> >>> Regards >>> Samito >>> >>> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>>> >>>> ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as >>>> response see following URL: >>>> >>>> http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ >>>> >>>> Regards, >>>> Ayub >>>> >>>> P.S: Change the project asap!!! >>>> >>>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi guys, >>>>> >>>>> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in South >>>>> Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my honours >>>>> project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as questions >>>>> instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on how I can >>>>> go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple classes. I >>>>> cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of the things >>>>> needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >>>>> >>>>> Regards >>>>> Samito >>>>> >>>>

Samito,

If you're making forms in XLS or excel then you have to convert them to
XForm via XLS to XForm online converter before you could load it on the
device. If that doesn't answer your question, please explain it a little
more.

Ayub

··· On Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:58:09 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: > > Hi Ayub, > > Is it possible to specify the video to play automatically from the excel > sheet so that the xml doesn't have to be modified? > > Regards > Samito > > On Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:50:36 PM UTC+2, Samito Sibiya wrote: >> >> Thanks Ayub, this helped a lot. >> >> Regards >> Samito >> >> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:04:35 AM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>> >>> See "Auto Play Video" section from the same URL : >>> >>> >>> >>> What is your SSN >>> Enter your Social Security Number below >>> jr://video/askSSN.3gp >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> See "Video capture, select" section: >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> video widget >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> If you can't make them work, try smaller forms or demo forms which could >>> be downloaded from ODK servers, these examples illustrate how to include >>> images, videos etc. >>> >>> Regards, >>> Ayub >>> >>> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:42:20 AM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>> >>>> Dear Ayub >>>> >>>> I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in >>>> video while the response to the same question get it as video. >>>> I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases. >>>> >>>> Regards >>>> Samito >>>> >>>> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>>>> >>>>> ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as >>>>> response see following URL: >>>>> >>>>> http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ >>>>> >>>>> Regards, >>>>> Ayub >>>>> >>>>> P.S: Change the project asap!!! >>>>> >>>>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi guys, >>>>>> >>>>>> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in >>>>>> South Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my >>>>>> honours project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as >>>>>> questions instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on >>>>>> how I can go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple >>>>>> classes. I cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of >>>>>> the things needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >>>>>> >>>>>> Regards >>>>>> Samito >>>>>> >>>>>

Hi Ayub,

I am using excel sheet. I have done the whole conversion to xml online and
it works fine. I just wanted to ask if it is possible to specify that
videos play automatically in the excel sheet instead of having to edit the
xml to add the autoplay="video" tag. In short is there a column I can add
on the excel sheet to add the autoplay="video" tag by default.

Samito

··· On Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:09:14 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: > > Samito, > > If you're making forms in XLS or excel then you have to convert them to > XForm via XLS to XForm online converter before you could load it on the > device. If that doesn't answer your question, please explain it a little > more. > > > Ayub > > On Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:58:09 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >> >> Hi Ayub, >> >> Is it possible to specify the video to play automatically from the excel >> sheet so that the xml doesn't have to be modified? >> >> Regards >> Samito >> >> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:50:36 PM UTC+2, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>> >>> Thanks Ayub, this helped a lot. >>> >>> Regards >>> Samito >>> >>> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:04:35 AM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>>> >>>> See "Auto Play Video" section from the same URL : >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> What is your SSN >>>> Enter your Social Security Number below >>>> jr://video/askSSN.3gp >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> See "Video capture, select" section: >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> video widget >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> If you can't make them work, try smaller forms or demo forms which >>>> could be downloaded from ODK servers, these examples illustrate how to >>>> include images, videos etc. >>>> >>>> Regards, >>>> Ayub >>>> >>>> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:42:20 AM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Dear Ayub >>>>> >>>>> I saw that but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a question in >>>>> video while the response to the same question get it as video. >>>>> I used the spreadsheet and ODK build and couldn't in both cases. >>>>> >>>>> Regards >>>>> Samito >>>>> >>>>> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:17 PM UTC+2, Ayub wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> ODK Collect can already play videos as questions or record them as >>>>>> response see following URL: >>>>>> >>>>>> http://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/examples/ >>>>>> >>>>>> Regards, >>>>>> Ayub >>>>>> >>>>>> P.S: Change the project asap!!! >>>>>> >>>>>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:17:37 PM UTC+5, Samito Sibiya wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi guys, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I am an honours student at the university of the Western Cape in >>>>>>> South Africa and I am new to Android development. I need help with my >>>>>>> honours project. The project is about modifying ODK to play videos as >>>>>>> questions instead of text. I would like a finger in the right direction on >>>>>>> how I can go about doing this because, the source code contains multiple >>>>>>> classes. I cannot hire help since this is part of my project and most of >>>>>>> the things needs to be done specifically by me. Thanks in advance. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Regards >>>>>>> Samito >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Samito,

You have to add a 'autoplay' column and in that put value of 'video'.
See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/formhub-users/2v4KWtzXZic

You can also open ODK Collect -> Get Blank Fom -> Birds , there you can see
how it plays videos.

Ayub