Multiple Choice Filter & 'AND'

hey everyone, need some help if anyone has time.

I am currently using a multiple choice filter of selected(${VARIABLE},filter) in order to get a list of choices which I have selected previously.

However in this choice filter, I want the option of 'other' to ALWAYS appear. No matter the choices before hand. And then if 'other' is selected then I want this to take you to a text option so it can be filled in.

Is there a way of using selected(${VARIABLE},filter) choice filter with the AND rule to always show 'other' option?

any questions let me know

James

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

How many filters are there? Would it be reasonable as a workaround to create an "other" option for each of the possible filters?

+-----------+-----------+---------------+--------+
| list_name |   name    |     label     | filter |
| items     | bible     | The Bible     | book   |
| items     | koran     | The Koran     | book   |
| items     | lion_king | The Lion King | movie  |
| items     | mulan     | Mulan         | movie  |
| items     | sunflower | Sunflower     | plant  |
| items     | tulip     | Tulip         | plant  |
| items     | other     | Other         | book   |
| items     | other     | Other         | movie  |
| items     | other     | Other         | plant  |

Then the next question would be type=text and have a relevant= selected(${previousQuestionName},'other')

You can add a choice that has the name, filter, and label as "other" and then you can use a choice filter like this:

selected(${VARIABLE}, filter) or filter='other'

Then the next question would be type=text and have a relevant= selected(${previousQuestionName},'other').

See this other answer: