Multiple languages for constraint messages

Hi,

My question is about multiple language contraint messages when writing a form in excel. I have used the following in the relevant columns:

constraint_message::English constraint_message::Malagasy

This is fine except that when I now choose the language within the form I have four options, the English and Malagasy from the label and hint columns which don't show any language for constraint messages, just a '-' and then the other English and Malagasy options which only show the constraint messages correctly and all other questions are blank.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Victori,

Check that you have spelt "English" and "Malagasy" the same in all your column headers. I found that I had labelled one as "english" by mistake and it then sees it as a 3rd language, and results in some of the behaviour you are seeing.

Regards,
Andrew

ยทยทยท On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 19:03:02 UTC+2, Victori wrote: > Hi, > > My question is about multiple language contraint messages when writing a form in excel. I have used the following in the relevant columns: > > constraint_message::English constraint_message::Malagasy > > This is fine except that when I now choose the language within the form I have four options, the English and Malagasy from the label and hint columns which don't show any language for constraint messages, just a '-' and then the other English and Malagasy options which only show the constraint messages correctly and all other questions are blank. > > Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, is there a solution to this? I'm facing the same issue. The language names in the headers are all spelled correctly.

Must match the spellings of the language names. Also, I am sure you checked the compatibility of languages and their short names/tags for ODK from this page (http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry/language-subtag-registry).