Nested repeat form

Dear Community,

I've been working in a form to collect parcels and its owners.

The form asks how many parcels the person owns, and for each of those
parcels asks how many additional owners (if so) the parcel has.

The workaround I came with resulted in a nested repeat. The first repeat
appears n times as the person answers in the question How many parcels do
you own?

The second repeat appears x times as the person answers in the question Number
of owners

In general, if you own 2 parcels and each of those parcels has 3 owners
then it results in this: First repeat (2 times), Second repeat (for each
parcel) (3 times).

I've been struggling trying to catch values within the second nested repeat
using a dynamic index. In the attached xlsform example from rows 12 to 37 a
validated some data for each parcel, however, I must repeat each validation
n times as parcels which is a nasty way to do it.

Has anyone faced this issue too?

Hope you can enlight me with this.

Regards,

Felipe Ramirez

example_nested_repeat.xlsx (91.4 KB)

example_nested_repeat.xml (14.1 KB)

Hi Felipe,

I took a quick look at this, and I can't think of a better way to do
it. It's a little nasty, but not too nasty...

Yaw

··· On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Felipe Ramírez wrote: > > Dear Community, > > I've been working in a form to collect parcels and its owners. > > The form asks how many parcels the person owns, and for each of those > parcels asks how many additional owners (if so) the parcel has. > > The workaround I came with resulted in a nested repeat. The first repeat > appears n times as the person answers in the question How many parcels do > you own? > The second repeat appears x times as the person answers in the question > Number of owners > > In general, if you own 2 parcels and each of those parcels has 3 owners then > it results in this: First repeat (2 times), Second repeat (for each parcel) > (3 times). > > I've been struggling trying to catch values within the second nested repeat > using a dynamic index. In the attached xlsform example from rows 12 to 37 a > validated some data for each parcel, however, I must repeat each validation > n times as parcels which is a nasty way to do it. > > Has anyone faced this issue too? > > Hope you can enlight me with this. > > Regards, > > Felipe Ramirez > > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.