The installation for both ODK Collect and Aggregate went very smoothly. I
got tripped up over a very simple thing: failure to set the password.
( I think the error messages could be better, and perhaps the aggregate
user interface should suggest that the password is a field rather than a
button; UIX issues at most)
Its been months since I had read the instructions, so this might be a good
data point for you all. I documented this, hope its helpful.
Followed instructions at http://opendatakit.org/use/aggregate/ . Got my
coffee on queue.
- After clean install of Collect 1.1.7 from Android Market (after
deleting all forms, and all associated data via application management)
- After getting Aggregate 1.0.4 release installed on myserver.appspot.com
- After logging in over https
- After setting up users in Aggregate user management
- After using the user credentials I gave above in > settings on
Collect and https://myserver.appspot.com
- ODK Collect> Get Blank Form - I get a request for credentials, then a
(i) Error Getting Form List
Form listing failed. Error: /220.127.116.11:443 - Network is unreachable
while accessing https://myserver.appspot.com/formList
Form listing failed. http://myserver.appspot.com/formList responded with
internal error (500).
- I go through this :
- and note Mitch's comments here:
- I am able to use the anonymous user to retrieve a list of forms.
- But, why can't I use the user I created?
- Wait, that second input field is "full name" not password. Change
password is a popup after I click on change password button. Doh!
- Everything works fine, drink wine.