New list-nolabel appearance

Hi,

I noticed that the list-nolabel appearance has changed in recent versions of ODK collect. Previously, the labels and the buttons were parallel to each other. Now the labels and the buttons are on separate lines and the buttons are centered instead of right justified. Is there an optional appearance to to go back to the old format for list-nolabel? I'm trying to create a grid question.

Thank you,
Ryan

1 Like

Can you please share your form or a fake form that shows the grid you're building so we can be absolutely sure we're talking about the same thing? I think you may be right that two separate appearances would be appropriate for long question text in a list vs. short question text in a list. Thanks for bringing this up!

Hi Hélène,

Thank you for the response! I've attached a copy of the grid question excel file and xml that I am trying to create.
TestGrid.xlsx (10.2 KB) TestGrid.xml (4.4 KB)

Ryan

Hi Hélène,

I was wondering if you were able to make grids show up like in previous versions of ODK.

Thank you,
Ryan

Thanks for the reminder, @Ryan_Bendo. This should go back to the previous behavior in the next version and you can follow progress at https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/1379. I'll also post here when it's done. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing it up! It's much better if these mistakes can be fixed quickly. In this case, the intention was to improve the layout for some samples that we had (like the All Widgets form) but we lost the original intent of the appearances.