Nigeria users 🇳🇬

Hi all, it will be nice to know how many active ODK users/implementers in Nigeria are here. Lets discuss issues that relate to our local implementations.

2 Likes

We are ready to give users in Nigeria some FREE lessons to start off their ODK projects. We have used ODK to collect large records (79k) about farmers (with pictures) in hard-to-reach areas and will be open to share our experiences, challenges and success stories

2 Likes

@reverton Any reason why this is limited to Nigeria? For example, can you write a blog post or make a video that we could share with the broader community?

2 Likes

Sure, we are actually designing questionnaire to assess user (enumerator) preference for data collection tool: ODK versus existing paper-based. We will put the outcomes together and share our experience.

1 Like

Any ODK users in Kano? I'll be in town next week and would love to meet up!

2 Likes

You may want to touch base with eHealth Africa (Adam Thompson & Evelyn)

2 Likes

Hah! Our trip is mostly to visit the eHealth crew :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I'm, new to the forum. Yaw pointed me in the forum's direction. For 2 years since a friend told me about odk, I have been using it to do my statutory surveys for filing an application to develop land from planning authorities in Nigeria. The form is called Site analysis and planning report. Its just a personal thing. I have tried kobo collect and ona collect. Both are where I store them. I wrote my professional body Nigerian Institute of Towns Planners a proposal when a past president started a project to use paper site analysis reports as a means to keep planners busy making it compulsory for things like insurance filing for construction projects, opening a bank account, securing a mortgage loan or even regular loans in the the bid to get planning data that is lacking. I pointed out it will be just paper documentation that cant be linked or data extracted like POI, Roads etc. I informed them odk was a viable solution to what was being proposed to bridge that lack of planning data gap. I was talking to the wrong crowd. I am going to be using it for my Physical master plan project's Socio Economic Survey for 5 towns in Kano state in October. I have acquired some tablets I gave a manufacturer in China to make based an some basic specs. Android 7 upgradable to 8, 64gb memory, 4gb ram, 20 inches screen, Battery 6000mha. I will be buying 64gb sd cards and 6000mAh power banks as backup power. The ministry officials want a traffic count and i would like to do a 24/7 count using sensors. Whats tge best sensor I can use for that and how do I go about it for counting traffic volume? Thanks

2 Likes

@Albert, please explain this last point to me. The ministry officials want a traffic count and i would like to do a 24/7 count using sensors. Whats tge best sensor I can use for that and how do I go about it for counting traffic volume? Thanks What traffic do you want to count?

I AM Jerry based in Nigeria . Need help in ODK 2348030516016

1 Like

Hi Jerry,

Please post the issue here for quick support.

Joseph

1 Like

hmmmm @yanokwa You're always welcome to Ghana if can't find anyone in Kano.

My name is yomi Adebambo, work with Ondo State Government, Nigeria..
I learnt about ODK from mics and ever since I have loved it. I would be glad to support the research in anyway I could.
I believe this odk could revolutionize data collection system.
@JAC Mr. Jerry. Your number is noted

Sir, you've really done a lot of investments here.. Sooner or later they will listen.
ODK sensor should work?

Good Evening all.
My name is boladale and I just learnt about ODK recently. please i want to ask if it is possible to use ODK to get your GPS coordinate and transmit it to a device not using the intenet facility.

1 Like

Welcome Boladale. Please tell us more about the device you want to transmit the GPS coordinate to and why

yess babatunde very possible

I have been scripting survey forms on ODK in the past 6 years. ODK is a great tool and I see it as the pioneer of all mobile data collection platforms. One of the features that is lacking is an inbuilt timer or clock to display maximum time allowed to respond to a particular question in a survey. The built.in timer function will have the capacity to display countdown timer and progress to the next question once the allowed minutes or seconds elapsed. On the other hand, the built-in timer function can disable editing to that question once the time elapsed but will allow the user to move forward or backward provided the time spent on the other questions have not elapsed. If the user progresses to the next questions, and the overall time allowed to fill the form elapsed, then editing of the whole form will be disabled. Then the form will either submit automatically or leaving the user to submit the form manually.

This will be a great idea that could increase the scope and usability of ODK.

A post was merged into an existing topic: How do i fix my gps accuracy?

Hi
My Usman Abdullahi Musa
From Katsina State

1 Like