Non-technical introduction to ODK Central - 2018-12-05

For December's ODK 1 developer call, I want to invite the community to join @issa and me as we discuss ODK Central. The call will be a mostly non-technical introduction to ODK Central, and both developers and any others are more than welcome.

ODK 1 developer calls are held on the first Wednesday of every month on UberConference from 14–15 UTC. We try to send out a reminder on Slack the day before.

We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

We're still brainstorming our specific agenda:

• Are folks more interested in a high-level introduction, or are there specific areas that folks would like us to discuss more deeply?
  • For those who are already familiar with Central, which aspects of it do you think we should discuss?

The call will be Wednesday, December 5, from 14–15 UTC (see in your time zone). Will you be there?

• I will be there!
  • I can't make it this time but I'm interested in future calls

0 voters

This may be of interest to @aurdipas, @Felix_Mutua, @Florian_May, @jniles, @Mariano_Corzo_Toscan, @Odil, and @Xiphware!

4 Likes

I'll certainly try to make it (but 3am w/ 4 year old is tad unpredictable...). If not I'll catch the audio.

1 Like

Our December ODK 1 developer call will be on ODK Central and is next Wednesday. See the post above for details about the time.

We'll be touching on some of the following:

• @issa and I will provide background information about ODK Central, discussing some of the choices that have been made in its design and development.
  • We will also discuss upcoming new features.
  • For those who haven't seen Central already, we will briefly demo it.
  • Q&A

Please feel free to suggest any additions to this agenda, including:

• Are there specific areas that folks would like us to discuss more deeply?
  • For those who are already familiar with Central, which aspects of it do you think we should discuss? Is there distinctive functionality that we should be sure to mention?

I will suggest ODK central hosting options especially on different platforms should be added to the agenda.

What other platforms did you have in mind @reverton?