Not selected function

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Mu multiple response has 7 responses and i want respondents to select either 1, 2, or 3 and either 4, 5,6, 7. Meaning there should be two responses. Reponses should be 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6, 7. i have put up my logic constraint; Is this logic correct: not(selected(., '1'), selected(., '2') and selected (., '3')). not(selected(., '4'), selected(., '5'), selected(., '6') and selected (., '7'))

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
i am using Windows 2016 to design my ODK tool
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
i tried running it
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
i need your help
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
no

Hi,

I can definitely help you with this. However, not sure about your requirement. Are you trying to allow respondents to select any one from 1, 2 or 3 and one from 4, 5, 6 and 7? if so. The login should be:
not(selected(., 1) and selected (., 2)) and not(selected(., 1) and selected (., 3')) and not(selected(., 2) and selected (., 3)) and not(selected(., 4) and selected (., 5)) and not(selected(., 4) and selected (., 5)) and not(selected(., 4) and selected (., 6)) and not(selected(., 4) and selected (., 7)) and not(selected(., 5) and selected (., 6)) and not(selected(., 5) and selected (., 7)) and not(selected(., 6) and selected (., 7))

Hope this will work

sounds like it should possibly just be two separate questions no?