Notification after finalized form

Hello,
I have ODK Central set up, and I would like to know if it is possible to send a message to an email of a superior/group after the finalized form is received based on some set of rules.

e.g.
Mark fills, finalizes and sends form from ODK Collect.
Steve, who is Mark's boss, gets a notification by email that Mark sent finalized form.

I'm new to ODK and would be extremely grateful if someone could give me some guidelines.

Thanks in advance,
Filip

Welcome to the ODK forum, @FilipGataric! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

That functionality is not part of Central. However Central does have REST, OpenRosa, and OData programmatic APIs. It should be possible to integrate with a third party software to create those process flows. For example, using Microsoft Power Automate.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help @danbjoseph . When I studied the documentation I didn't find this feature, but I thought I missed it :smiley:. I started implementing this functionality with Python to help with automation.

1 Like

Sounds like you found it! The Central API documentation is at https://odkcentral.docs.apiary.io/