ODK 1 Developer Call - 2018-05-02

ODK 1 Developer calls bring together developer community to discuss issues that concern us all. Everyone is welcome to participate in these calls.

The calls are held on the first Wednesday of every month on UberConference from 14-15 UTC. We try to send out a reminder on Slack the day before.

We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hszoTRzWG5W04JXgcBzE7BcdEZGB75lA8tftTNZ5lzA

Our next call will be Wed, May 2, from 14-15 UTC (see in your time zone). Will you be there?

• I will be there!
  • I can't make it this time but I'm interested in future calls

0 voters

If there are topics you would like to add to the agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

I can present on how I use Vagrant and Ansible to set up xlsform-online. If you need to rapidly setup and tear down servers (e.g., for testing) I'm hoping this will be useful.

@dcbriccetti are you up for sharing some IntelliJ IDEA tips?

@ggalmazor Maybe you can quickly brief us on your work improving export performance in Briefcase https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/pull/457

1 Like

I can’t be sure I’ll be able to attend at that time. I’m a night owl, and it’s hard for me to get going that early in the morning. I still plan to make a recording showing some IDEA tips.

I like pyenv too but pyenv is not built in a virtual environment, it's more like a path? a pointer ? It's a good tip added in the README. Can we build a docker image that satisfy all the doc requirements and offer that to users? Lol

I should have been more precise, @Mickys0918! I use pyenv and pyenv-virtualenv. The latter helps in managing virtualenvs.

I love docker, but I think the bar for contributing to docs is currently a little high and I don't know if Docker would help. What would be amazing is some way to edit the docs in a web browser...

Something like this Editor ?
It offers a way to preview the doc-code but I don’t know how to link that with GitHub contributions.

2 Likes