ODK 1 TSC Call - 2018-09-19

ODK 1 TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room from 16-17 London time. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, Sept 19th, from 16-17 London time (see in your timezone).

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

@TAB consider this your meeting reminder! This is the first meeting with the new TSC members. We want to make a good impression, so don't be late :laughing:

@martijnr Would you be OK spending a few minutes talking about some of the work you've got lined up for Enketo?

@danbjoseph I'm hoping to have the geo work we've been discussing written up in a few hours, so we'll be able to touch on that during the call. @LN Any specs that you'd like to discuss on the call?

@ggalmazor I think you'll be on a train, but any agenda items that you'd like to propose?

Ugh, I'll be boarding the train 30 mins into the meeting. Before that I'll be on the street but I'll be able to connect and interact. Once I'm on the train I don't expect to be 100% available :frowning:

Which is probably for the best - I'm pretty incoherent by 3am... :slight_smile:

At some point I'll try to stay awake; I'd love to actually listen in on what y'all talk about. In the mean time I'll satisfy my curiosity with the minutes - looking forward to the next set! thnx.

• Gareth
2 Likes

Yes, definitely!

(and a few more characters to meet minimum post length requirements)

I believe I have worked through the issues we identified last time in the SMS workflow spec at https://github.com/opendatakit/roadmap/issues/24. It would be great if those who made suggestions could verify that I did address their feedback and be ready to discuss any other changes needed. In particular, @Shobhit_Agarwal, it's possible there is a better solution using the auto send preferences that I didn't think of.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to welcoming the new members! :hugs:

The calls are recorded so you can listen at your leisure. We put links to the MP3s about an hour after the call. You can find them in the agenda at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KdUeiryViiPyiG8ajDC_snxSzDBBb-kwNauHvD_chfA.

Thanks!

BTW, in reviewing the agenda history, I noted that one of the earlier agenda items (from July 11, 2018) appears to have been inadvertently missed being updated in the minutes. Specifically:

1a. What behavior of your collaborators tends to drive you craziest?

In the interest of maintaining accurate historical record keeping in the ODK Project, could someone please update this record item appropriately?

:grin:

1 Like

BTW, I've noticed some of the audio recordings (at least the more recent ones) appear to cut off after just over an 1hr (just when y'all start to get to the really juicy bits...) :sob:

@Xiphware, meetings are generally an hour and the only time we've cut it off the recording on purpose is when we discussed elections. Can you point me to a specific recording so I can verify?