ODK 1 TSC Call - 2018-10-17

ODK 1 TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room from 16-17 London time. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, Oct 17th, from 16-17 London time (see in your timezone).

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

3 Likes

I'll take the lack of comments as an indication of a profound level of satisfaction with the current state of all things ODK :slight_smile:

In lieu of any other topics, here's what I propose (obviously this is way too much material, but we can pick and mix from it as desired):

Reviewing of action items:

1. Governance procedures (Yaw)
  2. Process for adding ODK tools (Tom)
  3. SMS workflow - does anyone have any feedback for @alxndrsn's feedback?
  4. GeoODK export
  5. Export without group names

Roadmap check-ins - let's take a look at the state of one or two of these:

1. Use ISO8601 date format everywhere (Guillermo)
  2. Extend audit log to include GPS coordinates (Yaw)
  3. Background collection of GPS (Hélène)
  4. Collect: Adding mapbox tiles (Yaw?)
  5. Deprecate ActivityLogger (Shobhit)

:woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

Thank you for the comments on the SMS workflow spec @alxndrsn and for the nudge, @adam.butler! Some really good ideas there and I have responded in a comment.

Looking forward to diving in deeper to some of these topics tomorrow!

Today I'd need to leave the call 10-15' earlier. Could we start the roadmap check-ins with the ISO8601 dates?

As we discussed, I've added a Spec Approved column to the roadmap and updated a few stale items. Please make additional changes as needed!

I think it would also be really helpful to add icebox items for some of the really good ideas brought up in the features category recently so we don't lose track of them.

1 Like