ODK 1 TSC Call - 2018-11-28

ODK 1 TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room from 16-17 London time. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, Nov 28th, from 16-17 London time (see in your timezone).

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

1 Like

@tomsmyth has proposed a block about automated testing. I think it's a great topic! :slight_smile:

I've added to the document some questions that we could use to narrow (or broaden!) the scope of the block.

1 Like

@danbjoseph Could we also perhaps get some time, perhaps 10-15 mins, to talk about a proposal we're working on for unifying the UI look/feel for various form & instance listing screens?

Kevin (our dev) is ready to work on the outcome of this so it would be good to get it in front of the TSC in this meeting if possible...

The proposal should be done early next week. I will send it out as soon as it's ready.

2 Likes

In the foreseable future we will be dealing with some spec changes (ISO8601, external datasets). We could briefly talk about Formalizing process for ODK XForms spec changes

Here is the spec about making form screens (Get Blank Forms, Send Finished Forms, etc.) prettier and more consistent:

Something has come up recently about large submission attachments and AppEngine. Apparently, AppEngine is enforcing a (new?) 32mb max size request limit, which is making Collect fail to send submissions with large videos of attached files.

This isn't something that you can configure (apparently) and we're starting to think about work arounds and alternatives. We're concerned about AppEngine gradually becoming not so comfortable for deploying Aggregate (even for those users willing to pay for the service).

It would be great to talk about this (5-10') so that we all understand the problem and can think about creative ways to solve this situation.